·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
I see you chose a great finish.

Reactions: Prsman

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Great colour- I too like plains better than flame. What you have there is the quintessential LP finish IMO

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Killer ax man, bet it plays like a dream!

W.
Thanks. After some tweaking and a splatter of Big Bends Nut Sauce, she plays like butter.

I've owned two historics before with burstbuckers and I wasn't impressed, but these ones sound great in this guitar.

Still, i really want the peter green quack in the middle position, so i'm looking around for a nice set of paf clones. Love the whole "tele on steroids" tone.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
888 Posts
Thanks. After some tweaking and a splatter of Big Bends Nut Sauce, she plays like butter.

I've owned two historics before with burstbuckers and I wasn't impressed, but these ones sound great in this guitar.

Still, i really want the peter green quack in the middle position, so i'm looking around for a nice set of paf clones. Love the whole "tele on steroids" tone.
I have a 2010 R7 that was custom ordered through Mark's Guitar Loft with a smaller neck profile that came to me with '57 Classics (used, originally had BBs). I put Wolfetones in there for a couple years which were cool for the beefed up hard rock stuff I was doing then. Eventually put a set of Sanford Magnetics Model 24s in there which definitely get that Tele on steroids thing; I basically wanted it to react like my Teles. I'd be curious to hear your R8 against mine as I think aside from neck size they're pretty similar guitars. I haven't really messed with an Rx with BBs in it actually, other than maybe trying a buddy's R9 a few years back.

W.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts