The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I took home a lovely new (to me) PRS NF3 from Long & McQuade - the 57/08 Narrowfield pickups have blown me away so far, the feel of the neck is awesome, and I love having Phase III Locking Tuners! Needs a nut replacement, which has been ordered, but other than that, all is well!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, congrats! Neat fret markers.

I've GASsed for a studio for a long time, those NFs seem interesting.
Thanks! I like the NF's a lot. They're different from any pickups I've played before, but I love them. And some of the people I know in at my local L&M also liked the fret markers!

·
Premium Member
16,617 Posts
Not a ton of those floating around. Bolt on neck too iirc. Are you going to get a PRS case?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Not a ton of those floating around. Bolt on neck too iirc. Are you going to get a PRS case?
It is a bolt on. I would like to get a PRS case when I have the money, but this one is fine at the moment, it will be replaced by the end of the summer I'd say.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Thanks! I like the NF's a lot. They're different from any pickups I've played before, but I love them. And some of the people I know in at my local L&M also liked the fret markers!
I have NFs in my Swamp Ash Special and to my ears they sound terrific. You can dial in a lot of great tones.

Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Nice grab. Enjoy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have NFs in my Swamp Ash Special and to my ears they sound terrific. You can dial in a lot of great tones.

Congrats and enjoy.
Thank you! I'm definitely in agreement with you on the pickups, I'm super impressed with them.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I have a studio with NF's and they get plenty of use.

Totally forgot some of these had the circles for inlay - looks good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a studio with NF's and they get plenty of use.

Totally forgot some of these had the circles for inlay - looks good.
Thank you. Something I didn't notice until I had the guitar in my hands was that the inlays aren't just white rings - inside of them is filled in with black.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts