3,107 Posts
That's pretty :)

Reactions: JethroTech

·
Premium Member
16,492 Posts
I don't know what the colour is called.

I call it f$&king bad assed.

As for wondering why you waited so long, I've recently been asking myself similar questions.

That's a fine looking guitar.

Congrats.

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
It's going to be a burst of some sort. Is it an ME quattro?

Either way it looks stunning!

There was an ME Quattro in Toronto for $3K a couple of years back with the rosewood neck, but I didn't have the funds :(.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's going to be a burst of some sort. Is it an ME quattro?

Either way it looks stunning!

There was an ME Quattro in Toronto for $3K a couple of years back with the rosewood neck, but I didn't have the funds :(.
Hey Budda, I really know NOTHING about PRS Guitars. Up until yesterday I had never read a thing about them. I was aware of them, they just weren't on my radar so I'm just learning. From my understanding, this is a Modern Eagle II. The card in the case reads SC 250 Modern Eagle. I can't find any marking that refers to it as a Quattro but I'll keep digging.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Many years ago I had my hands on a PRS 22 used out of Central in Welland. Even took it home for the weekend. It was divine. This was back when O had that kind of cash to throw around and never got it. Not sure why but should have, Would probably be my number 1 now. That one there is sweet

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
I don't think they made II's in 2011 though, hence my guess. The PRS faq should be able to tell you which era of ME's this one is. I believe my artist V case has the MODCAT on it as well, not sure if yours does.

I really want to try an SC250, I haven't yet. I'm rather partial to the singlecut shape, and my SE singlecut was a blast.

·
Administrator
15,981 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to davetcan and pattste! You guys are awesome. I actually found the modcat # on a sticker on the bag with all the case candy. I punched it into the link you supplied and it decoded my entire guitar going way beyond just the colour. Incredible. Faded Blue Burst. Artist Top. Indian rosewood neck and fingerboard...etc. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
Well, if you find yourself wanting a doublecut artist model, let me know!

edit: is it a quattro?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, if you find yourself wanting a doublecut artist model, let me know!

edit: is it a quattro?
Haha. Will do :) No, I don't think it's a Quatro. Next to the inlay description in the modcat decode is says ME2 which, I'll assume, means it's a Modern Eagle II.

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
I didn't know they still made those in 2011. Cool stuff!

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ga ga ga... wowzers! gorgeous!

Congrats on a stunning guitar... what's she weigh in at?
Thanks, Jimi. I haven't had a chance to weigh it, but it is 'substantial'. It's not light, but not backbreaking either. I'm going to guess 8.5lbs??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts