The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,170 Posts
Pretty.

Is it just me or does the neck seem just a little wider than the average guitar around the nut? (Note, from my perspective, that's a good thing.)

·
Registered
208 Posts
What a beauty! If I am not mistaken, the salavaged spruce is from logs that have been underwater for many years out in BC somewhere and Michel Pellerin makes tops out of these. Interesting!

Michel is a prolific and incredibly talented luthier. He makes all kinds of models in all kinds of woods. I met Michel at the Ottawa guitar show and tried his guitars. Beautiful instruments made by a very affable man.

·
Premium Member
13,180 Posts
14 frets too. My preference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty.

Is it just me or does the neck seem just a little wider than the average guitar around the nut? (Note, from my perspective, that's a good thing.)
It's a tiny bit more than my other acoustics... 1 13/16 " instead of 1 3/4" . the perspective of my cell phone pictures could also be the problem. Here's some better pictures took from the seller website.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a beauty! If I am not mistaken, the salavaged spruce is from logs that have been underwater for many years out in BC somewhere and Michel Pellerin makes tops out of these. Interesting!

Michel is a prolific and incredibly talented luthier. He makes all kinds of models in all kinds of woods. I met Michel at the Ottawa guitar show and tried his guitars. Beautiful instruments made by a very affable man.
You're right, the supplier is RoyToneWood, BC. These gigantic trees were left there in the 30's because it was too complicated for companies to go after those trees that had fallen into ravines. And yes he is a very talented luthier. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
14 frets too. My preference.
Same here... I was hesitating between this guitar and a Boucher 000 12 frets. Both are fantastic instruments but I was more comfortable with 14 frets and this is one of the reasons I've decided to pick this one over the Boucher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts