The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Where's the hate button; I don't like this shit at all (just happenned to me last week - they say delivery attempt was made but I was home sick all day and nobody knocked; no notice on the knob for pickup).

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
Ha, just like everyones weed in Ontario! ;)

·
Premium Member
16,804 Posts
Canada Post.......

When they’re not on strike or threatening to do so, they actually do a pretty darned good job in my experience.

But, they’ve been pulling this shit for so many years that many people have found alternatives.

A Canada post strike doesn’t cramp my style at all.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say that most of the time they do a great job here. The postman knows me, we chat from time to time.
But the parcels guyz (another postman) always changing. Some a friendly and some are shitty.
Like the one that NEVER comes to my house EVER but always said that he missed me even if I was at home all day. Worst, he leaves the little card the AFTER....

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I just had to send a parcel by UPS , $23.78 , Canada Post cost was 16.49 , but I could not take the chance it sitting for days.

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
A few years ago, we had some renovations done to several rooms, including two bathrooms. The vanity my wife ordered for one of the bathrooms was delivered to another address down the street, but around the bend in our street so we couldn't see. The residents were on vacation somewhere, and didn't return for another few weeks, and ringing their doorbell was as much of an effort at verifying the delivery as the delivery person made. So the box with the vanity remained on their doorstep all that time. When the residents returned, all they had to go on was the address of the shipper, so they contacted them. We ended up getting the vanity a little over a month after it was supposed to arrive. Naturally, this messed up the contractor's scheduling, and significantly delayed completion of the work.

From what I understand, graduate degrees in logic are not required for delivery positions. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes not.

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
You really know how to TEST the patience of your fellow forumites, eh Mr. @Ti-Ron :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ti-Ron
1 - 20 of 33 Posts