The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out looking for parts today and found this, for $80 it seemed like a deal to me.

No doubt it's a branded guitar, I've never heard of Anjo guitars but now that I've got it apart and had a chance to look, it's pretty interesting.

It's got a full sized C shaped Mahogany neck with a nicely quartered Indian Rosewood board, the nut is 1 5/8" wide, it's 19" scale and 23 frets, the truss rod works well.

This thing has a Mahogany neck, but it's built neck through with what looks like Sen Ash wings to make the body, all the hardware, the pots, the cap and jack are Japanese.

The pup and ring are not original but the ring is an M69 of some sort, the double cream pup is an Alnico and hot at 10.85Kohms, but no idea what kind.

Anyway I'm guessing it's 1980's, it's getting a fret dress, new nut and a cleaning, then a set up and new electrics and tuners, I'll post in this thread down the road when I'm done.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That would look awesome leaning up against a Marshall mini stack! Very cool...congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha, i think that was mine only a few months ago. It's pretty fun.
It is a fun guitar, it's going to even be better with a set up/new nut and electrics

There can't be too many around what happened to yours?

L

·
0 Posts
I've been thinking of picking up a mini like that for a mandola conversion.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks really cool actually.
What do you do with a mini guitar? Suitcase? Work? Train?
No Idea what to do other than have some occasional fun with it and add it to the collection

You own it...
I got it from Toms on Kennedy north of St Clair, I was wondering if you sold or traded it to him or if it made it's way there via another path?

Edit; BTW Anjo is Portuguese for Angel

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
No Idea what to do other than have some occasional fun with it and add it to the collection

I got it from Toms on Kennedy north of St Clair, I was wondering if you sold or traded it to him or if it made it's way there via another path?

Edit; BTW Anjo is Portuguese for Angel
I sold it/traded it to a very odd acquaintance of mine who goes by a few different aliases. He's an actor and he's a punk rock musician - makes a good living doing it. I think he's real name is Martin.

The pick-up that was in it was KILLER, so I suspect he took it. It used to look like this:

hofner and Anjo.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that explains the Gibby pick up ring (marked M69) and knobs from a Gibby R0 or something similar... the pickup is something else though.

The base plate was screwed and siliconed into each coil, sitting on a red fiber board base and the pole pieces are all flat, no screws.

It's like someone (a butcher perhaps) glued two single coils on a fiber base, siliconed that on a metal base plate and bridged them to make a bucker - a lot of work to make a 10K ear shredder!

·
Premium Member
11,836 Posts
- a lot of work to make a 10K ear shredder!
10K? Holy shite. I wouldn't pay a penny over 3K for that. Well, OK, $3500 but only because I'm one of those idiots that pays extra for the brand name....................;)

Reactions: Jimmy_D

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
For $80 that's a bargain--as long as the parts aren't crap--but overall that doesn't sound to be the acse.

That would be hard to pass up.

Enjoy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts