The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were in Toronto yesterday and I convinced that we should stop in at The 12th Fret. :)

We (I) had been shopping for ideas for my birthday in April. She wisely decided to consult me as to what I really wanted in a guitar this time. (She got the idea to buy me a guitar for my birthday when she had seen a guitar that she thought I'd like but hesitated. Thankfully.)

Anyway, I had shortlisted a Godin Montreal Premiere and an Eastman AR372CE because I really want a jazz box.
They had some of both listed on their web site, we were in the area. So.....

Note the shirt. (Not the hair. I need a trim.)

That's got the classic finish instead of the sunburst. I was surprised to see it. It is an older model, but if it is classified as a used guitar, it was never played. There's really not a mark on it other than what you could attribute to manufacturing. Like a bit of finish in the seam of the binding. So, a small flaw but not wear from use. (And I don't really count it as a flaw to be concerned about.)

I tried an Eastman 803CE that was beautiful and sounded great, but was a bit more than budget allowed and it was used. I'm okay with used for the right guitar, but my wife likes shiny things....and so do I.

They had a Godin Montreal Premiere, but I didn't try it because in all the research I had done over the last couple of weeks, I had forgotten that it was a thinline guitar and that's just not what I was looking for.

So, I got the AR372CE out the door for less than what I've seen them listed online before taxes.
Brian did a setup with new flat wounds right there while we waited. Cool guy.
The case is included. It's a little banged up on the outside from kicking around in their basement, but it's a case.

At home

I call this one, "Reflections of My Front Window."

And the shirt. It seems that if I wear this and go to a guitar store with my wife, I end up with a New Guitar Day.
The shirt at House of Guitars last spring. I brought that Bobtail home that day.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Vary cool, I've heard many good thins about Eastman guitars and looking at that finish, excellent. They do look quite like the Gibson ES175D although I suspect they don't hurt your wallet as much as the Gibson. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vary cool, I've heard many good thins about Eastman guitars and looking at that finish, excellent. They do look quite like the Gibson ES175D although I suspect they don't hurt your wallet as much as the Gibson. Congrats.
Exactly. The guy at the store said they are exactly the same construction with exactly the same woods.
Fit and finish? I have no complaints.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Your next guitar can be the Montreal Premiere! They have one at my local L&M that plays verrrrry nicely. If it were black (it's red) and didn't have a Bigsby (it does) I would've gone home with it.

Happy NGD -- the Eastman looks phenomenal, and I agree with the wisdom of the crowd: every Eastman I've played has felt really, really good.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Congratulations... that's a sweet-looking guitar.

Reactions: dodgechargerfan
1 - 14 of 14 Posts