The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Knaggs Kenai, Knaggs Choptank, Knaggs Honga, Fender Strat
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knaggs Severn. Another one from Northerner Guitars in Edmonton. Beauty strat with a T1 neck and pickguard, set up in HSS format. I wound up trading the Sheyenne I just got, it was so much like my other hollowbody Knaggs the Chena that when this Severn arrived it made sense. Plays like a dream, very resonant and lively. I can't ever see me parting with this strat, it really does it all to me.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Have you ever owned a PRS? If so, how similar do you find the Knaggs to one? I’d be interested to hear your perspective. It’s a question that fascinates me due to the fact that Joe Knaggs was once a key individual at PRS Guitars.

·
Premium Member
Knaggs Kenai, Knaggs Choptank, Knaggs Honga, Fender Strat
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you ever owned a PRS? If so, how similar do you find the Knaggs to one? I’d be interested to hear your perspective. It’s a question that fascinates me due to the fact that Joe Knaggs was once a key individual at PRS Guitars.
I have owned probably 12-15 PRS guitars in the last 15 years. Some have been great guitars, some have been less than what I thought they would be. The last PRS that I owned I sold on this forum probably 16 months ago, a beautiful singlecut 594. I find PRS puts out a consistently good product, you know what you are getting and they do not let you down. I have tried but not owned a couple of private stock builds put out by PRS, and I have found them to be far superior to the regular offering. So it came as no surprise after trying my first Knaggs and being blown away that Joe Knaggs headed up that department at PRS for years. The team that he brought to his own company from PRS has done him well. I have yet to be let down in any respect by a Knaggs guitar. The fit and finish is top rate, the attention to detail is unparalleled. To me they are all master grade private stock builds, but I'm biased as that's all I have in my collection now. To be fair there are so many amazing luthiers putting out superb guitars that when you get into the category and price range of these instruments, it really is hard to go wrong no matter which way you go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats on the new Knaggs. I am a new convert and am thoroughly impressed by their necks, construction, and tone. I see a choptank in the future! Enjoy the new guitar!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts