·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG-20190416-180646-262
IMG-20190416-180646-261
00000-IMG-00000-BURST20190416175424495-COVER
00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20190416175421431-COVER

After a little bit of thinking about it, especially cause I have a Daniel Hano custom strat coming in a month or so, I decided to go with what I felt and buy my favorite Hendrix guitar. Though I like the reverse headstock ones, this is what I've always connected with more. I also prefer the rosewood/Pao ferro fretboard.

Got it used at LnM for $950. I rented it first to see if I'd connect with it and I definitely did! I also took it out to the GC jam last Friday and it sounded pretty good in the mix even with old strings.

It's an absolutely beautiful thing to look at and the images don't do it justice. It also plays super well, the finish on the back of the neck is really thin and smooth and the Pao ferro fretboard has a nice snappy brightness to it. The pickups are 60s spec vintage wound I believe. Not sure if they're ceramic like the older MIM strats (feel free to let me know). It's got vintage style tuners and I've got it strung up with 9-46s.

This will probably be my number 2 guitar once the Hano guitar comes in, so I'll probably put 10s on it and take it down to Eb tuning. My only other electric, a Vintage v100 Les Paul, I'll get that set up for open D so that I have a reason to use all my guitars :)

I've always wanted this strat and I'm super glad to have come across it, especially since they're not made any more. I want to keep my guitar 'collection' small (4-5 electric guitars at most, bought over a few years time) so that I use every guitar I have and every guitar I get means something. This one definitely does :)

·
Premium Member
18,397 Posts
Congratulations!

This model must be getting somewhat increasingly difficult to find.

Beautiful looking fretboard!

ENJOY!

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Congrats. I am not a Strat guy at all but you were making me think about revisiting that when you were playing this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts