The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I broke down and drove up to TO and got this guitar off of Pete (Faracaster). Yes, I know I just acquired the Clapton Blackie about a month ago. It is now gone, along with the other 10 or so strats I have owned over the years. The Blackie was superb in terms of build quality, but I just did not bond with it, which has been the case with all the strats I have owned before.

But this Jeff Beck model might find a place in the arsenol. First off, the build quality is top notch, as on the Blackie. But so far, and I have only played it for maybe 1/2 an hour, I really like these Ceramic Noiseless pups. I have never had a guitar with them before and they are nice. To me, better than the lace sensors and the tex mex.

So, we will see what happens on this one.

jeff beck.jpg

Marnie is about ready to crown me for these last few guitar deals. I am laying low for the next few months. I am taking her out for dinner tonight to try and make-up for the expenditures.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Congrats - that's a beaut.

I hear you about the hear from the better half. I just picked up the Tokai LP last week, and am working on getting a Gretch by Tuesday... am going to have to be a very good boy after that. (at least until I find another freakin' job)

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
You were bewitched by mojo blanket. :smile:

Fantastic guitar. I replaced my Tex Mex pups with the Noiseless. I really like them better too. I really hope you bond with this one,... for Marnie's sake. :smile:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ceramic AND noiseless? No offense, but.... "ew, yuck!" :D. Try Suhr or Lollar single coils. They will improve the sound of that guitar 1000%. Trust me. :rockon2:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Ceramic AND noiseless? No offense, but.... "ew, yuck!" :D. Try Suhr or Lollar single coils. They will improve the sound of that guitar 1000%. Trust me. :rockon2:
Man, the guy is on a high with a beautiful new guitar and you have to piss on his parade with a "ew yuck" for the pickups? Nice job! :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, the guy is on a high with a beautiful new guitar and you have to piss on his parade with a "ew yuck" for the pickups? Nice job! :rolleyes:
Thats cool, everyone hears things differently. All I can say is I have had a lot of strats in the past with about every pick-up you can think of and could never get into it. This one with these noiseless I am digging. having said that, I have never tried these Suhr pick-ups.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Oh, ya... of what he had there, and you know there are more scattered around at other locations !! the amps alone are enough to make you want to go home and take a hammer to your stock Marshall's and Fender's.
Yep, Pete has quite the collection in his "dungeon". (Just kidding Pete.) :D
Congratulations. Nice going on that Jeff Beck Strat. So how come you couldn't come to Toronto when I was first trying to sell my Tokai Love Rock, hmmm? :smilie_flagge17:

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Congratulations...beautiful Strat.... :bow:

Enjoy...I'm glad you are digging this one....it might just be THE one for you. I hope that it is.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice buy!

I've been thinking about my strat the last week or so (lent to a friend as I've been lovin' my LP).

I gotta get that back.

Congrats man. sdsre

1 - 20 of 24 Posts