The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this fine example. It has the AlNiCo Super 58 pickups (not the Custom Super 58, or other iterations). Ebony fretboard, and gorgeous flame top, back, and sides.

I am quite impressed with this guitar. It had a very dry fretboard, but other than that, great out of the box. I really like the pickups. Very clear and articulate, and not overly humbuckery sounding. These have to be the lowest output humbuckers I have ever played (in a good way - I prefer lower output pickups). They are full, but the hard edge of the humbucker sound is reduced quite a lot if that makes sense.

I couldn't find much online about people playing these guitars, but I gotta say, it's a great guitar!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may sound weird, but the 3-way switch has an exceptionally solid feel to it. It feels more like a switch than a normal 3 way toggle. Not sure if I like it, or if it will wear in/loosen a bit. Feels like quality though.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
She’s a beauty, if I was to buy a semi, this would be it, I just love that colour and the flame....

·
Premium Member
13,030 Posts
I had an AM93. Really nice. Sold it because I had two semi-hollows. Mild regrets. Prefer slightly smaller bodied ones like the AM or 339 sized guitars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts