The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My first new guitar in 2019.
Ibanez Artcore AS53, made 2011 to present. Neck is 22 medium frets, 12" radius. Mint condition, will upgrade pickups and have professional setup.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Nice! I see these (or similar models) come up on Kijiji all the time and they always seem decently priced but I've yet to take the plunge...maybe this year will be the year!

Are you upgrading the pickups because you have some on hand already that you like better or simply because you don't like the stock (assuming it came loaded with stock pickups) pickups?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stock pickups are Ibanez Infinity, ceramic @ 8.4k ohms. I have a Telecaster with dual covered pickups, which I beleve will sound much better in the Ibanez.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
I had an AM93 with 58s. Sadly I sold it when I had to scale down for moving half way across the country.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Those are very decent guitars. My first electric was an Artcore (AG-75) and other than the too narrow neck for me, there was nothing to complain about.

I like the pickup change you did and it improves the look of the guitar as well.

Reactions: rhh7

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These pickups are Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck and Jeff Beck in the bridge. They were in a Warmoth telecaster which sat unplayed in my basement for several years. The Warmoth neck was used to build my Pinecaster.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys. The neck is 43mm wide at the nut, .83" thick at 1st fret, .94" at 9th fret, 12" radius.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
What’s the neck like?
Chunky or thin?

It looks great

Nathan
Ibanez is very good at stating the specs on the neck. Go to their site and look up this model and all the neck specs are there and easy to read.

Reactions: rhh7 and nnieman

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I'm back in black, and here to stay. This is my year, learning songs, playing with other players. Had a little jam session today with a new friend. Learned Knockin On Heaven's Door!

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
Thanks, I'm back in black, and here to stay. This is my year, learning songs, playing with other players. Had a little jam session today with a new friend. Learned Knockin On Heaven's Door!
Good stuff. I've always wondered why Mr. Dylan didn't write more than 2 verses to that song. Normally he's very "wordy" but on "Knockin on Heaven's Door" he stopped after 2 verses? Great song, wish it was longer.

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
I've been thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that Bob Dylan has the ability to see into the future.
He knew that someday Gun & Roses would do a cover of Knockin on Heaven's Door, and foresaw that people would not be able to tolerate the sound of Axel Rose singing. So he cut it short after only 2 verses and a chorus.
Another mystery solved. :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts