The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am down to one strat and having sold all my guitars with Tone Dripper pickups in them, I don't have a demo guitar and I could squeeze another into the basement studio.

The gold finish had me. Rare FSR Fender mim Stratocaster.

I still don't know which tone dripper set I want to put in here.

I might put it up for sale including the soldering of the buyers preferred tone dripper set of pickups.

Let the comments begin !!%h(*&

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
The Black guard looks great on it as well

Enjoy!

Reactions: sambonee

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Usually I think gold is more suited to Gibsons, but this is an exception. I like it.

·
Premium Member
9,541 Posts
I decided I can be without one. But yours is sure pretty.

·
Premium Member
11,635 Posts
Where Is that??
Killer.
It was at my L&M - about 4 months ago. I took a pic because someone here was looking for a PRRI. It was a good deal - and it didn't last long.

·
Mad Strappier
471 Posts
The OP guitar is DEAD sexy as is the yamaha, Wow! Gold looks good on so many guitars.
if it's ok to show... my one and only goldie, which I refinished myself with a couple of bombs found in a crappy tire bargain bin,,
then threw on a dragonfire loaded pickguard.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Really nice looking, I wonder if your friend who does the guitar wrap could do your amp in gold?

·
Premium Member
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The OP guitar is DEAD sexy as is the yamaha, Wow! Gold looks good on so many guitars.
if it's ok to show... my one and only goldie, which I refinished myself with a couple of bombs found in a crappy tire bargain bin,,
then threw on a dragonfire loaded pickguard.

I need a crash course in gold refinishing. Like the Dikkers telecasters etc.... or like my Grosh which I sold to @King Loudness (btw I don't think that I would have sold it if it weren't to him. It'll be on a hit record one day).

I think that I'd play only sparkle guitars if I could. Perhaps that'll be my next trial.

·
Premium Member
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really nice looking, I wonder if your friend who does the guitar wrap could do your amp in gold?
Magnus at www.walopus.com is having record sales month after month. His business is rocking. And. He's always open to new ideas. I'm hoping to do a contest with a strat pickup set from Tone Dripper and a walopus custom pickguard. Still mulling over the parameters.

·
Mad Strappier
471 Posts
gold isn't any different than any other metallic... surface prep is key, then multi-angle spray, keeping it real dry - - float the particles down, instead of blasting them on. Then you DON'T touch it anywhere, until you can lock down the gold with a couple mist coats of clear.

·
Premium Member
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
11,046 Posts
Well if you ever sell it, please pm me before the general Public. I'd dig a set of them for sure.
When I bought it the original pickups were gone and I've decided to use it as a mod platform. Reilander P90 soapbar neck and traditional shaped but wound P90 bridge, Bakelite pickguard and a Rutters steel machined chrome bridge, some of it is here an some on the way. I can't wait for it all to show so I can put the new guitar together. If it ever leaves here......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts