The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, snagged the Hansen built Tele that bbigsby had on the EE. It was the chunky neck that got me all excited. I guess in ‘Fender speak’ this would be a soft V transitioning into more of a C shape at the 12th fret. Whatever it is, it’s sublime and as seductive as ‘59 shaped Gibson neck. It has a one piece ash body that was handmade by the builder (as was the neck). Stainless steel frets, boutique pickups. And the piece-de-resistance is a four way switch with the 4th spot being both pickups in series (kind of like a turbo button).

Anyway, I don’t like this guitar, I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
And another member joins the tele club. Enjoy!

Reactions: Lord-Humongous

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yep, snagged the Hansen built Tele that bbigsby had on the EE. It was the chunky neck that got me all excited. I guess in ‘Fender speak’ this would be a soft V transitioning into more of a C shape at the 12th fret. Whatever it is, it’s sublime and as seductive as ‘59 shaped Gibson neck. It has a one piece ash body that was handmade by the builder (as was the neck). Stainless steel frets, boutique pickups. And the piece-de-resistance is a four way switch with the 4th spot being both pickups in series (kind of like a turbo button).

Anyway, I don’t like this guitar, I love it.

That is exactly the specs that a Tele should have

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds great! I rehearsed with it Thursday. I liked the way it felt so much as it came, that I didn’t even change the strings (which I always do immediately with a new guitar). The bridge pick up is bright and cuts right through. And I used the fourth position (ie: both pickups in series) for solos or tweaking out more oomph.

·
Premium Member
12,296 Posts
It isn't. Read the headstock. It clearly states it's a Kustomcaster.

But oh no, you know so much more than the guy who built the thing, so please, carry on. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day, and you are getting very close to the first 'correct by coincidence' point. I await your long fought victory with baited breath.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It isn't. Read the headstock. It clearly states it's a Kustomcaster.

But oh no, you know so much more than the guy who built the thing, so please, carry on. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day, and you are getting very close to the first 'correct by coincidence' point. I await your long fought victory with baited breath.
For someone who has nearly 6000 posts on this forum you sure get upset easily huh?
Yikes, talk about being triggered

·
Premium Member
12,296 Posts
For someone who has nearly 6000 posts on this forum you sure get upset easily huh?
Yikes, talk about being triggered
Yea, I'm just ragin'. :rolleyes:

And your still wrong.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I've been so preoccupied lately of trying to find a Custom Shop Nocaster that I let this one slip through my hands. I could have bought it and still afford a CS Nocaster.
Good grab Lord-Humongous. You are truly the lord of the "T-style" gits. "Tstyle". The politically correct term for those that refuse to stop crapping on a perfectly good NGD thread. :D

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
I've been so preoccupied lately of trying to find a Custom Shop Nocaster that I let this one slip through my hands. I could have bought it and still afford a CS Nocaster.
Good grab Lord-Humongous. You are truly the lord of the "T-style" gits. "Tstyle". The politically correct term for those that refuse to stop crapping on a perfectly good NGD thread. :D
If you had purchased this guitar, you would no longer want a Fender CS Nocaster. You would want another Hansen.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use the 3 way switch. The volume is 500 K and the neck is a 250 k. The Neck pickup is only wired to the volume. I had the tele bridge pickup wound by Vineham to be 8k Alnico V. The neck pickup is a Seymour Antiquity and it sounds great, no muddiness and works well with the bridge pickup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts