The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picked up this BigSky tonight from a very nice seller in Toronto. We used this a lot on Let The Silence, and I'm very excited to dig in. I'll let you guys guess what the other half is ;)

I gotta find my velcro and get this on the board - too bad that has to wait until after work tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Oh come on Budda! You know I can't stand waiting!

Sent from my "other" other brain.

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh come on Budda! You know I can't stand waiting!

The worst part is the other piece is in the jamspace - I just cant have it yet!

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
My bandmate is waiting for the empress echo station, and then Im buying his TL.
I gotta ask, where/why the DD-500 getting no love.
Just ease of use?

Reactions: Grainslayer

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I gotta ask, where/why the DD-500 getting no love.
Just ease of use?
I enjoyed the DD-500, but it never made it onto the album. The majority of normal delay sounds came from the Timeline the producer owns. The breakdown of delays and reverbs was basically as such: normal delays were the timeline, reverbs were the bigsky and eventide space, and weird delay was the Line 6 DL4 and Boss DD-3. There were other pedals used as well, but more for layering and stuff you'd have to focus on to pick out. It just makes sense for me to have the gear that we used on the record. I never really got to utilize the DD-500, though the third switch being able to go from a tap tempo to preset will be missed. The assign feature is awesome, but I ended up running 3 sounds out of it. I hope to work up to more patches for parts with the Strymon duo.

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am curious too, I am on the fence of getting one to replace delay, verb and chorus on my board.
It will definitely do those 3 things, and the user group on facebook is very helpful.

Reactions: Ti-Ron

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn this pedal sounds good. I didn't think I'd care much about the swell mode, but *holy crap* is it ever fun.

I have six patches whipped up, not sure how many will make the cut for actual band stuff.

I should have bought this after we tracked the album!!

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wait wait wait...i'm behind...when did you retire that PRS? What replaced it?
It's not a PRS, it's a one-off build from (former) forum member AJC that I bought back in... 2010? Basically a Les Paul at 25" scale with a maple neck - she sings.

I recorded a little clip with GB (JCM800 sim) and the bigsky, embellishing one of my favourite parts from a band called The Holly Springs Disaster. Their version has piano, classy.

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fsears-was-here%2Fthsd-showdown-outro

L

·
0 Posts
It's not a PRS, it's a one-off build from (former) forum member AJC that I bought back in... 2010? Basically a Les Paul at 25" scale with a maple neck - she sings.
Aye! That's it. I couldn't remember what it was.
You brought this with you to RW's jam and let me try it.
And yes, she does sing.

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Is it the new Strymon Open Plains?
Or the Strymon Tsunami Warrior?
Or the new Strymon Glacial Fjord?
(Copyright pending on THOSE names Strymon!!!)

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Is it the new Strymon Open Plains?
Or the Strymon Tsunami Warrior?
Or the new Strymon Glacial Fjord?
(Copyright pending on THOSE names Strymon!!!)

C'mon....we're close enough to the Rockies....

The Strymon Rocky Mountain Vista :)

·
Premium Member
17,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
C'mon....we're close enough to the Rockies....

The Strymon Rocky Mountain Vista :)
I would feel rather obligated to buy that, after having toured out West haha.

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Registered
43 Posts

I recorded a little clip with GB (JCM800 sim) and the bigsky, embellishing one of my favourite parts from a band called The Holly Springs Disaster. Their version has piano, classy.
motion sickness love was a rad album, nice tones

1 - 19 of 19 Posts