The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
I've said it before that I don't like orange guitars but there is something about the Gretsch ones that just appeal to me. I like the single cut too. Congratulations on a great grab and enjoy!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've said it before that I don't like orange guitars but there is something about the Gretsch ones that just appeal to me. I like the single cut too. Congratulations on a great grab and enjoy!
Yeah, Gretsch and Orange are pretty synonymous. The also make a Fairlane Blue one, which is pretty sweet too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I need a clear pickguard. Not too keen on the silver one. Anyone know a good source for new guards?

·
Premium Member
12,941 Posts
I think I need a clear pickguard. Not too keen on the silver one. Anyone know a good source for new guards?
I was the same - not keen on the original gold pickguard so I found an RHH pickguard on line somewhere. Like it a lot more. Just about disappears.

IMG_1484.JPG

I dig through my paperwork and see if I can find the supplier. It was a Gretsch part so not particularly cheap.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Reactions: Gimper

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for degrading my thread into a discussion about Poop. :D (...kidding)

By the way... it's too small for Doggie doo. It's clearly Cat poo.

·
Premium Member
17,016 Posts
Thanks for degrading my thread into a discussion about Poop. :D (...kidding)

By the way... it's too small for Doggie doo. It's clearly Cat poo.
Well if we must get back to the original topic, that's a beautiful guitar :)

Reactions: Gimper

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Very nice. I have been looking at joining the Gretsch ranks but cant seem to find anything with a small radius neck. Congrats anyhow.

·
Premium Member
12,941 Posts
Nice strap
I wouldn't use it for everything but it seems to fit the Rockabilly vibe just fine. I also wear shirts I usually wouldn't be caught dead wearing - even on a Hawaiian beach.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts