The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I bought one of these and converted it to a lefty. I grabbed a Fender Medium pick and ground the point down like the other two shoulders. It sounds best like that to me as it doesn't take to being played to hard.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I played one today at L&M Edmonton South. Same colour. Great bang for the buck. I think they're on for $229 or something like that.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I played one today at L&M Edmonton South. Same colour. Great bang for the buck. I think they're on for $229 or something like that.
I thought L&M had a limited edition Oxblood colour a little while ago. I wonder if this Chieftain Red replaced it.

The code inside the sound hole is G9500-CHFR-FSRLM. That last part could mean Factory Special Run Limited.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was ready to buy one of these when they were $100 at Steve's but the sound was not for me.
Wow... you should have. You likely could have sold it on Kijiji for a profit, if you didn't end up liking it.

I've never seen them less than $150 USD (~$200 Cdn) and that's on Sale (and only the common traditional burst colour).

The reviews for this guitar are typically pretty good, and I'm happy with mine so far. But everyone has different tastes. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Cool. Local chain has the advasarial approach to customer service here, or I would have one too. Hope you enjoy yours a ton!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I thought L&M had a limited edition Oxblood colour a little while ago. I wonder if this Chieftain Red replaced it.

The code inside the sound hole is G9500-CHFR-FSRLM. That last part could mean Factory Special Run Limited.
That's correct; I own the Oxblood Jim dandy, the code in the sound hole is g9500OXB. The chieftain red is a similar colour, but it is slightly brighter than the oxblood. These are great guitars for the price, and probably the most fun guitar that can be had for $200.

I have mine tuned to D for some slide. It's a blast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts