The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've posted a NGD post.

As mentioned in my ES-335 for sale post, I've finally come to terms that I'm just not a Gibson guy (save for my J-45). After owning so many Les Pauls, SGs, and a nice 335, I realized that they never got played. Among the guitars that get the most play was my Gretsch 6122II Country Classic. So I wanted to get something that would be different enough, but would compliment my 6122. After playing a bunch of different Gretsch models from Falcons, 6120's, to Duo Jets, I decided to pull the trigger on a 2011 6120 Duane Eddy (from a fellow forum member). I've only had her for a couple of hours, but I can't seem to put her down. I can't wait to carve out some time to give her a nice setup.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Congrats!!! The 6120DE is my favourite Gretsch. It has an incredibly comfortable neck that does not feel like any other Gretsch I have played. I truly miss mine but another 6120DE is on my wish list.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats!!! The 6120DE is my favourite Gretsch. It has an incredibly comfortable neck that does not feel like any other Gretsch I have played. I truly miss mine but another 6120DE is on my wish list.
I love baseball bat sized necks, and I knew that these DEs had notoriously thin necks and never gave them a chance. Once I did, I was hooked. The neck is thinner than I would normally gravitate towards, but fits my hand just right. Who am I to argue with THE Duane Eddy?

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
One of my favorite Gretsches, as well. I always thought that would make a nice complement to my standard 6120 - tone control instead of mud switch, single coils instead of duals, rosewood instead of ebony (with cowboy inlays to boot). Just enough differences to make it worth while, but still firmly in the 6120 camp.

Yep, I'd love a DE. Or maybe a White Falcon. Or a Setzer Hotrod. Or ,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Fox Rox
1 - 6 of 6 Posts