The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
15,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In keeping with the recent trend. The unexpected sale of my only acoustic left me with some cash outside of my kitchen fund (before @Chitmo chimes in :)) and in need of something that could cover my very rare acoustic needs in a pinch. I was hoping to find something at Elmira but no luck. Took a chance with getting something shipped from TO via Kijiji and got very lucky. The guy was great to deal with and the guitar is excellent. 2002 LGX with a AAA top on this one. I was never a big fan of the Duncans on these but I'll give them a bit of time before swapping them.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
In keeping with the recent trend. The unexpected sale of my only acoustic left me with some cash outside of my kitchen fund (before @Chitmo chimes in) and in need of something that could cover my very rare acoustic needs in a pinch. I was hoping to find something at Elmira but no luck. Took a chance with getting something shipped from TO via Kijiji and got very lucky. The guy was great to deal with and the guitar is excellent. 2002 LGX with a AAA top on this one. I was never a big fan of the Duncans on these but I'll give them a bit of time before swapping them.

I'm not judging... mainly jealous. Happy NGD:)

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Nice.

I was always innarested in trying one of the Ovation VXT solid bodies with 2 P90s. They have a fishman or something under the bridge as well and do an acoustic sort of blend. They were like 2 grand or something new and quickly came on the market used in mint condition for about $75 including shipping from anywhere on the planet.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
For some reason I am really digging that countersunk ToM. Not one for figured tops usually but that's a nice one; those older Godins could have won me over.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
LGX don't got no damn synth, that's the SA :)
What are all the input connections for? I thought one of them had to be for the 13 pin synth.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Correct. The 13 pin synth has an, er, 13 pin connection.
So, are you telling me I should be wearing my glasses when I am on the site?;)

Reactions: davetcan

·
Administrator
15,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You didn't want to explore the VG-8 universe?

Come to think of it, I guess a VG-8 would be considered vintage.
I have enough trouble making a guitar actually sound like a guitar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts