The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost I want to thank fellow GC member Tim Plains. I bought another LP off him a couple of years ago, and had the pleasure of playing his 2008 1958 Gibson Les Paul Reissue at that time. It really was the nicest LP I had ever played.

Fast forward a couple of years and Tim listed this LP for sale. Well, I just had to have it. I sold a beautiful ES335 Dot Figured Top to get it, and I am happy to report that the 335 went to a fellow forum member who loves it. It was not easy to give up the 335 as it took a very long time to find it, but I couldn't be happier with the LP.

Here a couple of quick pics. I would take more but I just can't put it down. :) I love the Bourbon Burst finish and the gorgeous dark fretboard. And more importantly it plays and sounds amazing.

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Congrats, I've thought about taking the reissue/historic plunge recently but i'm content with my '94 standard. Plugged into my jcm800 it just sounds so rock n roll.

What are you playing it through?

Reactions: Fox Rox

·
Administrator
17,399 Posts
Beautiful!

(I've got a nice amp that would look great behind that) - actually there are a lot of nice amps in the Emporium right now.

Giving up on Bass?

·
Administrator
17,399 Posts
Thanks Dave. Is the nice amp a Headstrong Lil King? :)

I am definitely not giving up on bass, and I just couldn't pass on this LP.
Unfortunately not, but i know where it is. The Reinhardt is a great combo with a Les Paul.

The Princeton rabbit hole didn't last long. Nothing does though, come to think of it.

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
that's a great looking guitar! better still, is the story behind it. you selling your 335 to someone here so you could buy someone else here's les paul.
that's really cool that so much awesome gear goes back and forth across this board. it's almost like..."keeping it in the family" sort of a thing.
good for you, i say
hell, good for the other 2 guys also

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unfortunately not, but i know where it is. The Reinhardt is a great combo with a Les Paul.

The Princeton rabbit hole didn't last long. Nothing does though, come to think of it.
Dave that Reinhardt looks VERY tempting if I was gigging, but I am mainly recording in my home studio now. And I hear you about the rabbit hole. The chase for tone is never ending.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts