The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually picked this up last weekend but just getting around to posting today. It’s a Gibson Les Paul VOS Beano from a special run they did back in 2010. I’m really digging the neck as it’s a bit smaller than my old R9. The guitar is very resonant and stays in tune better than any Lester I’ve ever owned. Super Pumped with this purchase!

995C3E41-62B5-4F18-9B47-109274096AB7.jpeg
DCAD0114-98EF-42A4-858F-7063F807EFF4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty!

Was that the one at Stang?
No, although I saw that one on the website. I got mine in a local private sale.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I remember playing one of those at my local L&M. It was 6, 7 years ago, maybe more. That says something. IMO, still the nicest Les Paul I'd ever played. Plainer top than that one, but just a perfect player. Just loved the neck.

I balked at the price (about 1/2 what CS's go for now LOL) and regret not looking more seriously at it. With 2 LP's, I thought I didn't need a 3rd (and probably really don't). But I've never forgotten about that one. You're a lucky fella. Enjoy!

Reactions: seadonkey

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember playing one of those at my local L&M. It was 6, 7 years ago, maybe more. That says something. IMO, still the nicest Les Paul I'd ever played. Plainer top than that one, but just a perfect player. Just loved the neck.

I balked at the price (about 1/2 what CS's go for now LOL) and regret not looking more seriously at it. With 2 LP's, I thought I didn't need a 3rd (and probably really don't). But I've never forgotten about that one. You're a lucky fella. Enjoy!
I agree, the neck is just perfect for my hands and it just sounds incredible. I had been searching for a Humbucker guitar for a while and as much as I love Les Pauls, I was thinking PRS for the tuning stability and overall feel. Once I tried this one my search was over. I have to sell a few things to keep the Minister of Finance (Wife) happy but I couldn’t pass this one up.

Reactions: High/Deaf
1 - 9 of 9 Posts