The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Gibson Bill Kelliher "Golden Axe" Explorer. Couldn't pass this one up. 117 of 400 made. You don't often see a Gibson Explorer with body and neck binding and trapezoid inlays! It's a beaut! And the Lace Nitro Hemi pickups sound incredible.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Nice!

Back in May, I stood across the room from him while he test drove a Flying V.
Apparently, it was the second time he was checking out that exact guitar.
So, maybe a V signature in the future?

Nice guy, too. Had his kids with him. We cracked a few jokes about guitar shopping with wives.
His wasn't there. Mine was. :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!

Back in May, I stood across the room from him while he test drove a Flying V.
Apparently, it was the second time he was checking out that exact guitar.
So, maybe a V signature in the future?

Nice guy, too. Had his kids with him. We cracked a few jokes about guitar shopping with wives.
His wasn't there. Mine was. :p
He just played Toronto last week! Got a pic!

·
Premium Member
16,828 Posts
Didn't Bill and Brent spec their gibson sigs to be basically vintage models? Either way this guitar looks absolutely stunning and I wish you years of happiness playing it.

·
Premium Member
16,828 Posts
They are kind of stoner metal. Too many subcategories. The new album gets lots of play time in my car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't Bill and Brent spec their gibson sigs to be basically vintage models? Either way this guitar looks absolutely stunning and I wish you years of happiness playing it.
Thanks Budda! Ya I think Bill based his sig Explorer on the Gibson E2 Explorers from the late 70's early 80's. I think Brent went with Epiphone for his newest V sig.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like their stuff more than the typical metal band. Wasn't he the one who ws interviewed saying that he doesn't like the music they play? Cmiiw.

Try and chew that acronym. Lol
That was their other guitar player Brent Hinds. I think he took a little heat for that comment. That dudes a outlaw.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Love these -- I first saw one at the departed International Musicland in Ottawa and was stunned. It goes against a lot of what I usually like, but was simply gorgeous.

Very HNGD!

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
I haven't yet caught the Explorer bug, but that is one beautiful example.

Really nice.

It makes me wonder what a black and gold double bound Explorer would look like.

I like dressed up guitars.

Congrats.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah the binding on the body really sets this Explorer apart and probably looks fantastic under stage lights.

On a related note I recently heard that on all the early U2 stuff the Edge played an Explorer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts