The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up yesterday and love it! Super comfortable to play and sounds amazing. Love the neck carve and overall feel, so addictive, and the pickups are killer. Very light, weight-wise.

Was looking for something different and this brings together a lot of things I like in an interesting way: Tele Deluxe vibe, bridge humbucker + neck P90 combo, floating Strat trem, LP-like controls, nitro (what’s left of it, lol), and a belly carve.

I’m neutral on relics, don’t care one way or the other, but I’ve always liked how they feel and like the look on this one. (Have never owned one before.) Super fun guitar!

Great deal, got it used from L&M’s in Mississauga (it’s a 2018). Put some new strings on and adjusted the pickup and pole piece heights, otherwise overall setup seems perfect already. Has me looking at other Friedmans because it’s a killer guitar with great playability, remarkable sustain and touch sensitivity and cool overall vibe. It might be my favourite neck carve/radius I've ever played.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That is one good looking guitar!
Thanks! Its looks have grown on me. I was alternating between liking it and thinking it’s fugly, when I bought it, lol. I have ordered a black pickguard through Friedman’s supplier, although now I’m also starting to like the white guard. The relic‘ing I could take or leave, it was more the design and specs that appealed to me (Tele body, HB/P90 combo, Strat bridge), and curiosity about a Friedman guitar. It’s kind of a weird mongrel, but has its own appeal, too.

Looks great! which humbucker is in the bridge?
Thanks again, it’s a Friedman Classic, love it, just a killer pickup. I have Bare Knuckle Black Dogs in my LP and it is similar in quality level (but not really in sound, less of a mid hump). Amazing string to string clarity, overall bite, and dynamic range. Fantastic pickup. The P90 is awesome, too.

Every time I see this guitar, I like it.
Thank you! It is a killer player, just a super fun and responsive guitar. Sounds corny but it has remarkable sustain that is just blowing me away, everywhere on the neck. Nigel would be impressed. Honestly rivals my LP that way. Most I‘ve heard/felt on a bolt-on. Nice and light, too.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still loving this guitar! Haven't played my LP or Strat since I got it. Seem to be through the honeymoon phase and still really digging it. I'm hooked on the neck profile and overall feel, and the frets are fantastic.

I'd put it right up with my R9 in terms of overall quality of sound, feel, intonation, and playability. These are pricey (although this was a good used deal), but they really are at that level and well worth it.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Great looking guitar! I have been a final click away from buying this guitar number of times before you bought it lol. I would've bought it without a hesitation if I didn't get all the gears I've acquired past few months but I'm glad someone else has been having fun with it. It was a great deal too as you said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts