1,218 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
Nice! Is that a usa model?

·
Registered
662 Posts
USA model; the headstock shape points to pre 1994. I’m guessing it was made between 86-93, but the dates can be all over the place and Peavey wasn’t particularly good at documenting the years.

Looks like a sweet guitar! If you ever want to move it on, don’t hesitate to contact me. ;)

I’m only partially kidding. Seriously, enjoy your great score, I’m a big fan of Peaveys from that era.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
IMHO, Peavey make a very decent tele. Congrats on the new git. Enjoy!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I played a late '80s Peavey Generation Tele for years... Awesome guitar; tough like a Tele, sounds like a Tele, plays like a Tele... Mine was black and looked bad ass... grats!

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Ive got a "cheap" Peavey tele-ish guitar...fake wood quilt top and all, super lightweight...but gosh does it play and sound great! One of my favorites in my stable.
Makes me thirsty when I play it though. :)

Reactions: LanceT

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ive got a "cheap" Peavey tele-ish guitar...fake wood quilt top and all, super lightweight...but gosh does it play and sound great! One of my favorites in my stable.
Makes me thirsty when I play it though. :)
Okay, I gotta ask... what, exactly, about that guitar is in any way, shape or form "Tele-ish"? Granted, it's a Peavey... but that doesn't make it Tele-like... or even Tele-inspired... unless you're gonna stretch to "Telecaster is the original mass-produced electric guitar, so all electric guitars are Tele-inspired"...

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Okay, I gotta ask... what, exactly, about that guitar is in any way, shape or form "Tele-ish"? Granted, it's a Peavey... but that doesn't make it Tele-like... or even Tele-inspired... unless you're gonna stretch to "Telecaster is the original mass-produced electric guitar, so all electric guitars are Tele-inspired"...
The top horn reminds me of teles mostly, and it has a similar light weight feel and balance. Flat top, not arched like a LP.
I think because teles came with different pickup configs, different fretboard materials etc theres some leeway.
But ya, I'm stretching it...the guys were just having so much fun in here and I wanted to be part of it!

Reactions: bigboki

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
It's not a Fender but it is a tele. It doesn't need to be a Fender to be a tele.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
A question then on what constitutes a Tele.

Wikipedia states that: "The Fender Telecaster, colloquially known as the Tele."

@Steadfastly states that; "It doesn't need to be a Fender to be a tele."

Did Fender Patent the Telecaster name or the method of construction or both? Or neither?

What say the Telecsater experts here?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts