1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,159 Posts
Ok--cool--enjoy!

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Yep, was a time all Strats and Teles came with ashtrays. I don't know if it was the anti-smoking lobby or the pro-string muting lobby that did away with them. but you just never see them anymore. Well, at least not since we had to walk up hill both ways to school and back.

..........and get off my fricken lawn, whippersnapper.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
My 73 Strat had an ashtray. Made the guitar unplayable, IME. I need those setscrews digging into the heal of my hand. We must suffer for our art.

Reactions: Roryfan

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
Thanks. I knew tele's had ashtrays, but thought this would've been called something else, since it doesn't look like an ashtray.

If I order my Dano tomorrow, I'm going to ask for one. I keep resting my hands on the saddle screws, and I don't like it. I don't want to change the way I play, since it'll mess up how I play my Monty.

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
My 73 Strat had an ashtray. Made the guitar unplayable, IME. I need those setscrews digging into the heal of my hand. We must suffer for our art.
It was that bad, eh? That's not good news.

Maybe I'll invent something to screw onto the top of the screws to prevent the pain. I think I'll call it a "nut", or "tiny nuts". It'll be like a cap nut, but different (the difference being how I label/package it and all that marking up I plan on doing).

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
It was that bad, eh? That's not good news.

Maybe I'll invent something to screw onto the top of the screws to prevent the pain. I think I'll call it a "nut", or "tiny nuts". It'll be like a cap nut, but different (the difference being how I label/package it and all that marking up I plan on doing).
That bad? For me it was. Probably because I came from an LP with the exposed tunafishic bridge and I was used to muting. You should try one though, as YMMV.

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
If you plan to never change your action or sell the guitar to someone who might want higher action, you can cut down the exposed part of the saddle screws.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.