The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t had but 2 brand new guitars in the last 2years the only 2 new in over 20 years.
I was wanting the EVH striped series relic Frankie and I was really on the fence about it
because of the price. It’s my Bday soon and my lovely wife told me to get one for a gift from her and yes she’s awesome! Checking into it they are no where to be found, they are on back order everywhere, I checked across this country. I was at the point of just putting a deposit down on one of the many back ordered. I lucked out and found one on Reverb
at Axe ‘N Gear Music in Walkerton Ontario.
I called it was the only one they had and I bought immediately, very nice they free shipped it to me.
The owner Darryl is a super nice guy very easy going, he didn’t have the EVH case in stock but is getting some in the next month and again will free ship it out to me as soon as it arrives. They have lots of EVH accessories too!
I was skeptical and really on the fence buying this guitar because it was expensive for what it is and I was a little worried I might not like it.
Well it arrived wrapped in a factory box and packaging just fine it was as described and a very cool vibe immediately. I played it and it was still in tune, played amazing and resonant at 7.4lbs. Then I plugged it in to my Friedman with only the Frankenstein humbucker and a volume knob.
Wow this thing sounds incredible and the feel wow! , the sustain, the note bloom is a pleasant surprise..
It plays like butter. With gain or clean it will do just about anything really well, super fast comfortable neck, staccato picking is great, chicken pickin anytime. All my worries have been crushed, this guitar is an absolute killer and I’m so glad I got it.
If anyone is reading this and thinking about getting one I’m pretty sure you’ll be happy if you do, enjoy! So cool to look at as well ;)

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it does not, it would be frowned upon for Fender Corp. to be defacing US currency... You have to get your own and drill holes in it...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Very, very nice. I want.

That's on the list for my next build....though I have a lot of EVH guitars (EVH Striped Series B&W, OLP MM1, Peavey Wolfgang, Watson Wolfgang copy, EVH Wolfgang Standard and my BYO Guitar Shredder kit 5150), so I kind of want to break things up a little bit.

Then the question.....how cheaply could I make it good. I could go all out, or try to do it on a budget. Or I could do both!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
You were lucky to find one! Well done and congrats! Fantastic collection of gear you have as well. Nicely done! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts