The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's another thread asking what you're GASing for in 2018. A couple hours after posting one of the guitars that I liked the very guitar shows up on local Kijiji! Did an acceptable deal and she's in my hot little hands tonight! Man is this guitar light! Love it!

ES LP.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,833 Posts
I literally just saw this on facebook and went "cool" not realizing you had bought it hahaha

·
Premium Member
17,335 Posts
I had the honour of seeing this guitar last evening. I more or less knew what to expect as the same model is at the L&M in Guelph and @Hamstrung had played and admired that one.

Acoustically, it is VERY resonant. This is interesting as it just barely 'qualifies' as a hollow body with the inside chambers of the body 'communicating' between the lower bouts.

The neck and action are a dream to play on. The fretboard and action felt effortless.

As mentioned above, it is sooooooo light in weight!! I would be surprised if it tops 6 lbs. on the scale.

In real life, the top looks more brown/amber (IMO) than the reddish hues in the pic above. The back is a beautiful 'chocolate' brown.

Congratulations! A fine instrument for a fine and deserving guitarist.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations - looks great!
You had epiphone version in spring at Riff's?
Yep. I still have it though I foresee it getting less attention. Keep your eyes peeled for the forthcoming "for sale" threads. I need to thin the herd and start paying some of these gems off!

Reactions: bigboki

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
Congrats!! Very nice guitar! If I am going to get another guitar it would be an ES/LP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts