The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a chance on a used epiphone lesPaul standard. It's actually not bad the bridge pickup is just fare. The neck pickup is nice an fat sounding. I took the pickups out to see what they are and the neck is a epiphone 57classic and the bridge is an epiphone hot . Together they are decent but no Gibson t top good . There is one or two finishing flaws but what are you supposed to expect when buying a used guitar for under half the retail price. Done some research it happens to be an 08 so I really can't complain on its shape. It only had one other owner . When you do that string on the seventh fret thing to see what the action is you can't stick a flimsy thin pick under the strings. I wish he still had the pickguard for it but what can you do.

The only real problem is that the pickup cover wast attached to the pickup so now I have one open and one covered pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,547 Posts
Congrats! Looks great and appears well constructed.

Are you liking the tones you get from it?

The pickup cover for the bridge does not have to be soldered on. PM me and I can send you some 2 sided tape (you need very little and I have extra) and it will work fine.

However, If you have a friend that does your guitar electronics, he should be able to solder it on for you.

ENJOY your new guitar!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Looks great and appears well constructed.

Are you liking the tones you get from it?

The pickup cover for the bridge does not have to be soldered on. PM me and I can send you some 2 sided tape (you need very little and I have extra) and it will work fine.

However, If you have a friend that does your guitar electronics, he should be able to solder it on for you.

ENJOY your new guitar!
I like the neck pickup the bridge is a little hot for me tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts