The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Epiphone "Jimmy Page Inspired" G-1275 Double Neck. I just got it here in the forum. Guitar is in excellent shape. The action is low where I want it. Need to start refreshing my knowledge of 'Stairway to Heaven' :D

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Fantastic! Epiphone puts the tailpiece in the right place as compared to the Gibson model (except for the Jimmy Page signature version from Gibson).

I've owned four (!) over the years - two regular Gibsons, and two of the Jimmy Page VOS versions - and I've found them to be fantastic sounding instruments. I think all the mahogany is magical!

Enjoy it in good health for many years!

·
Registered
25 Posts
When these came out, there were two models and this was the nicer Custom "Jimmy Page" model. The other one had 4 chrome pickups, the tailpiece was closer to the bridge and it had bolt-on necks (and it retailed for a third less). You often see them come up but people don't post pictures of the back to exploit the confusion (there's one like that on Kijiji Ottawa for $1200 right now).

I got mine in 1999 and did 2 mods: I moved the 12-string chrome pickup to the 6-string neck position and put original Gibson 57's in both bridge positions. I also installed a strap button on the back of the 6-string neck (symmetrical to the existing 12-sting button) and I use that one for better weight distribution (it is very neck(s)-heavy on the upper button). The sympathetic vibration is awesome.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool. Custom case I'm guessing?

If you follow the one in one out guitar buying rule, do you now sell 2 guitars or one? :)
Seems like the case is custom as it doesn't have anything that says Epiphone. But I"m guessing here. And if I am going to follow the one in one out, I did sell one of my guitars before this so maybe I should sell another one? LOL Although that sale almost cover the cost of this one. ;)

Very nice...heavy?
[/QUOT[
Yeah 13.6 lbs. LOL

When these came out, there were two models and this was the nicer Custom "Jimmy Page" model. The other one had 4 chrome pickups, the tailpiece was closer to the bridge and it had bolt-on necks (and it retailed for a third less). You often see them come up but people don't post pictures of the back to exploit the confusion (there's one like that on Kijiji Ottawa for $1200 right now).

I got mine in 1999 and did 2 mods: I moved the 12-string chrome pickup to the 6-string neck position and put original Gibson 57's in both bridge positions. I also installed a strap button on the back of the 6-string neck (symmetrical to the existing 12-sting button) and I use that one for better weight distribution (it is very neck(s)-heavy on the upper button). The sympathetic vibration is awesome.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know any of this information. I was assuming there is only one version. I haven't strapped it on, just played it a bit sitting down so I'll try that and see if the mods you made will work for me.

·
Premium Member
10,935 Posts
A friend with a disability had one of these and found it too heavy. When I saw it it still had the hang tags and plastic film. He offered it to sell it to me but I waffled and missed my chance. Very good build quality, played and sounded great, and I had a live use for it at the time. My situation has changed drastically so I can't really justify one now, but holy crap, worth every penny in my mind.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Killer score!!! Always wanted one of these to mess with.... 13.6 lbs holy shit!!.... you'll need one of those stage stands so you can just stand behind it lol

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A friend with a disability had one of these and found it too heavy. When I saw it it still had the hang tags and plastic film. He offered it to sell it to me but I waffled and missed my chance. Very good build quality, played and sounded great, and I had a live use for it at the time. My situation has changed drastically so I can't really justify one now, but holy crap, worth every penny in my mind.
That's how I feel about it right now as the guitar is really in excellent condition. And I got it for a crazy price. I was told by the seller that he also got a deal on it so why not pay it forward to a fellow gearhead. :) If not for the price, I would probably have thought about it before buying it. Hard to find them used though. Specially this one.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
As I mentioned earlier, I've had four Gibson EDS-1275s - yes, I'm a huge Page fan - and three of them were very well balanced on a strap. The fourth had grovers on it and 18 grovers seemed to be enough weight to tip it to being neck heavy on a strap. It was fine to play sitting down, but very tiring for me (I'm a small guy) to play standing up. The others felt fine to play standing up.

I love the Epi and Gibson versions of this, and other cool doublenecks from Ibanez, BC Rich, Jackson, etc. Doublenecks are cool!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I have the Agile model...similar to JP's setup...at some point i want to replace the pickups on the 12, but it sounds great...wide strap to help with weight...balanced with the strap too
Love the guitar...but not a full night of covers love

1 - 18 of 18 Posts