The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been reading up on these Custom Shop Washburn guitars after I found this one for sale used at L&M. Payed 1K for it out the door and am elated with this thing. Not often a guy can score a custom shop guitar for that price. Anyway, wooohooo!! Happy guy here. Love CS guitars, hate the CS price. This is a keeper!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Very nice, I'm guessing it's a WI80? I had a CS WI566 that had great fit and finish, it had the CS logo on the front of the headstock, and came with one of the nicest LP style hard cases with a built in hydrometer. Yours is much nicer with the flame maple cap. Great score!

·
Premium Member
17,191 Posts
Yup, CS washburns are deals. Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice, I'm guessing it's a WI80? I had a CS WI566 that had great fit and finish, it had the CS logo on the front of the headstock, and came with one of the nicest LP style hard cases with a built in hydrometer. Yours is much nicer with the flame maple cap. Great score!
It's a WI580. I called Washburn, they told me some came out with the oval logo on the front and others with the CS stamp on the back, which mine has. It's a super nice guitar.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
I always thought Washburns were underrated and thus a heck of a good deal. The few I have tried have all been nice. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Does it get you in LP territory as far as sound?

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does it get you in LP territory as far as sound?
Yes, that's exactly why I bought it. Not a big fan of Gibson as a company but like the sound and feel of their guitars. This is very close. Thick body, fatter neck, same control layout, etc. Big chunky sound and it came with my favorite pickups, SD Custom Custom and 59.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man I'm loving this thing!! One thing that bugged me about an LP was the upper fret access, this has ample space to shred up the neck (if I could shred). Neck is in between a 60's and 50's and it feels uber comfortable. Haven't found a flaw yet. Kudo's Washburn for making a stellar guitar. Now the hunt is on for another!!MJF$#

·
Registered
662 Posts
Neck is in between a 60's and 50's and it feels uber comfortable. Haven't found a flaw yet. Kudo's Washburn for making a stellar guitar. Now the hunt is on for another!!MJF$#
That sounds similar to the Neck profile on my Melody Maker, which I love. Thick enough that you have something substantial to grab onto, yet thin enough to pull off some fretboard acrobatics.

I’d be interested in trying out a Washburn like this; a guy I went to high school with had a lower end version, and even that was a great guitar. I’d say this one is on a different level.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Nice grab. I haven't tried an electric, but I tried a cheap acoustic with hardshell case that came in at about $275. Couldn't believe the playability and sound of that one. I've never been sure why they fly under the radar so much.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Wow, that is a great find. That is a really beautiful guitar with great specs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts