The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
16,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this MC/1 up in trade. It's a 2000 and has been played. Plan was to play around with it a bit and flip it but now I'm not so sure, LOL. The lacquer is starting to get a bit "milky" and I'm not sure it can be buffed out. BUT, the guitar weighs absolutely nothing and sounds phenomenal. Neck is flat and very fast, flatter than I usually like, but did i say it weighs NOTHING? Anyway I may take it over to a local guy who does beautiful finish work to get his opinion on the body before i make a decision. I also need to grab a stereo Y cable to check out the piezo system.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
cool, but no pics are showing for me

where are they hosted? facebook?

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I've never played one but it looks like there was attention paid in that build.

·
Premium Member
17,614 Posts
CONGRATS!

Are you saying "weighs nothing" is 6 or less pounds?

Admittedly, I am embarrassed as I have never heard of Brian Moore guitars so I did some reading.

"The Company was originally conceived as a manufacturer of high end custom made electric guitars that blended the "strength and sustain" of advanced composite materials with "tone and beauty" of wood, specifically, highly figured wood tops."

"The first instrument design was the MC/1, a joint design effort between Moore and Cummings, (hence the "MC" model name). Brian created an ergonomic neck thru 'form' made of advanced composite materials with a simple curved top. Kevin Kalagher continued to push the company towards the 'high end' guitar business. He encouraged to Patrick refine the design of the guitar for the most discriminating players. Only the highest figured tops were used and only using the finest components such as Seymour Duncan pickups, Sperzel tuners and Wilkinson vibratos. Other design refinements include the "innovative rear output jack" and "sculpted headstock".

ENJOY!

·
Administrator
16,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after realizing I could use my PedalSnake as a Stereo "Y" cable I hooked up the guitar. It has a "smart" jack that automatically splits the signal when a TRS cable is plugged in. This allowed me to run one end to my PA and the other through my pedal board to my amp. The RMC piezo is quite bright but very natural sounding. There is no onboard EQ so that would need to take place at the PA or maybe through a DI pedal of some sort? You acoustic/electric players can help me out there perhaps? There is a blend knob that allowed me to dial in as much of either signal as required. Sounds awesome with just a touch of the electric signal mixed in with the acoustic.

Bottom line is that this is a keeper. I'm hoping the "bloom" or "blush" that's happening with the lacquer can be easily addressed. Sounds possible from what I've read online and I'll take it over to my guy to see what he thinks. The neck feels quite a bit like a PRS Wide/Thin and the more i play it the more I'm getting used to it.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Awesome score. I never had a chance to play a BM but I know they are highly regarded. The quilt on the top looks insane.

As always congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Doesn’t bloomin’ liquor, hic, make it play better?

I mean lacquer....., like its road worn or relic’d, or something like that!

Nice guitar Dave. Enjoy the new sonic capabilities.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
WOW...look at that!!!

gorgeous instrument.....congrats!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts