The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
17,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been looking for one of these for a long time and one finally popped up at the local L&M. Used, but you'd never know it. Great playing guitar with a big '59 style neck, feels terrific. Comes stock with the PRS 245 GB pups, which I've never liked. In fact I've yet to find any PRS pups i like other than the DGT's. Played around with it most of yesterday (as posted in the "what guitar are you playing" thread, and as usual the pups were ruining the experience. Plopped in a pair of WCR Shredders I had here and it's transformed good into great. I'd put this up against anything I've owned right now (honeymoon period qualification). Unbelievable bang for the buck, a shame they are discontinued.

·
Premium Member
18,626 Posts
Congrats!

Nice that you had the pickups easily available to swap them out.

Beautiful top on that guitar.

ENJOY !

·
Administrator
17,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i saw that one. Good grab!
They had one for awhile but were asking too much, typical. It finally sold about a week ago and i was pissed off but then this showed up yesterday. Could be the same guitar I guess, but either way i got it for a better price than the old one :)

·
Premium Member
18,626 Posts
The last time we talked (10 days ago), I'm almost sure that you mentioned that you were fairly well set for gear. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. In addition, my hearing is what it used to be.

Do you have a "rule" to always bring "full" shipping boxes back home?...LOL
(OK...We are now totally even for conspiring with laristotle to surprise me)

·
Administrator
17,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The last time we talked (10 days ago), I'm almost sure that you mentioned that you were fairly well set for gear. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. In addition, my hearing is what it used to be.

Do you have a "rule" to always bring "full" shipping boxes back home?...LOL
(OK...We are now totally even for conspiring with laristotle to surprise me)
LOL. No more conspiring :) (for awhile)

I'm sure I said I was set, it wouldn't be the first time. I have an addiction :)

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Looks great and now with the switch it's playing great for you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
They had one for awhile but were asking too much, typical. It finally sold about a week ago and i was pissed off but then this showed up yesterday. Could be the same guitar I guess, but either way i got it for a better price than the old one :)
That's due to all the good guitarma you've built up!

·
Administrator
17,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just an update on this thing. I upgraded the tuning machines to Kluson Revolution Locking Tuners, 19:1 ratio. These things are awesome! Shown here with WB pups in it. I love the look of the double creams but slightly prefer the WCR's tone wise in this particular guitar so I'll like;y swap back to them.

·
Administrator
17,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They do indeed :)

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
And the gold volume and tone knobs look much better than the originals, too...

John
thegrumpyoldman

Reactions: davetcan
1 - 20 of 21 Posts