The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Electric guitar
Guitar Electric guitar String instrument Plucked string instruments Musical instrument
Walked into one of the local pawn shops to do the usual quick scan of gear. Found this classic vibe 60’s strat for $70!! There were a few of the standard series squier Strat’s there for $220 and up, this one must have been tagged wrong. I grabbed it pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
You shoulda offered them another $130 for that Silverface in the background. A nice round $200 for a gigging package.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they definitely screwed someone on this one, what did the person sell it for $40?? Either way I wasn’t complaining.

Yeah that’s a 72-73 non master volume super reverb, looks original from the outside at least. They want $1249 for it but with the crazy taxes here it brings it to almost $1500. Which I guess isn’t that bad if it worked 100%

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Woohoo ! Nice grab ! How's the neck on a 60's. I let go of a nice 50's CV because of its skinny neck.

Paid double what you paid, but more than doubled it again selling it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That’s a crazy deal/steal. Those classic vibes aren’t just “Good guitars for the price”; they’re good guitars, period.

·
Registered
15,755 Posts
Cool deal--I never saw those in years---so I rarely check pawn shops anymore...

But cool find
Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes it’s hanging right now new at L&M for $539 plus tax. Someone definitely put the wrong price tag.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Congrats! Best deal I've seen coming out of a pawn shop in 2 decades. Those days are gone. That must have been tagged incorrectly.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes had to be tagged wrong. Most of the stuff in there has been there for years. I always go in just to do a quick scan and never really find anything at a decent price. Pawn shops are definitely not what they used to be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts