The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this posted locally. They were asking a decent amount but wrote down that they would accept any reasonable offer. Since I already have one and I'm suppose to be on a buying break ( yeah right !:rolleyes:) , I made a low stupid offer expecting no reply or a No Thank You... but... they accepted ! :eek::eek::eek: So here she is, my new ( second one.. )1968-72 Aria 1803T with OHC :D

Sellers Pic:

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
It looks like it's in pretty good condition and it's red! What more could you want except a case and you got that too.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nirvana made this model popular when Curt used the Epiphone ET-270 version of it. Aria has the same offering ( same model and same guitar ) under the 1802T and the 3 pickup model like mine 1803T.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That is a very clean looking old guitar... I can see why you couldn't pass it up. How does it sound?

Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
What do the pickups sound like? Fenderish? P90ish? Or just early Japanese single coilish??

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do the pickups sound like? Fenderish? P90ish? Or just early Japanese single coilish??
Powerful P90 sound... Have to verify the pots that are in there, some come with 25K and others 500K pots from memory. The selectors need good cleaning as do the pots...

These are amazing players, Nirvana did play and record with these....

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But phase of what? The switches look like they could be 3-position at best. Possible that one switch is for neck and bridge, and the other gets you the middle pickup, either in or out of phase?
I didn't open it up yet and just played briefly with it. I just read this is what its suppose to be.

Heres a pic I found on the connections

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
I had a late 60s Eko many years ago. Those Japanese and Italian guitars from that period were really something. My was like this one, in an ugly green burst (some much for my teen-aged taste).

Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I had a late 60s Eko many years ago. Those Japanese and Italian guitars from that period were really something. My was like this one, in an ugly green burst (some much for my teen-aged taste).

The Eko looks amazing. I'm a big fan of older instruments. Some are hits and some are misses but they are nice. Eko made great instruments and do have a very large fan base. I'm a big fan of Mats made instruments ( Aria, Westone, Epiphone, Univox, Vantage, etc...)

Funny that only when a big name artist plays them do they get the respect they deserve...

Example: if Brian May didn' play a Burns guitar. Do you think that the Burns brand would get any respect ?

And I have a few green burst from the 60'. . It was an in color at the times and I still like it !

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On a side note...

Tuned the guitar yesterday, played with it on 3 separate occasion during the day and played again this morning. Still in tune !!! Tuners are top notch on these ! ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts