The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've owned a few historics before. R4,6 and two r8's. The R6 and one of the R8 didn't agree with me all that much. And the R4 was a keeper but I foolishly traded it away to a forum member and the second r8 was a keeper to but I traded for a Collings CJ35 which is also a keeper.

I was really wanting to buy the R0 listed in the for sale forum but I was a couple hundys short.

But then I came across this R9 on local Craigslist. And just had to have it. I was the second guy in line but thankfully the guy before me couldn't come up with the cash.

So after 11hrs of return trip. I now have a R9 hanging on my wall. a
I'veer owned an R9 until now.

She's definitely a keeper. By far the best LP I've owned. The pickups are very low outpit. And grinds nicely through a Marshall.

I'm a happy man.
20171113_191448_HDR.jpg

20171113_133723_HDR.jpg

20171113_193235_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Nice score, congrats mang.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nice one, but I'm most impressed by the quality of your photos. They almost look like virtual images. You took that with your phone ?

Nice team you've got in the last pic. Just missing some P90 :)

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice one, but I'm most impressed by the quality of your photos. They almost look like virtual images. You took that with your phone ?

Nice team you've got in the last pic. Just missing some P90 :)
I used to have two p90's! 1960RI LP special and R4. I would love to have those guitars back.... ;)

And yes these are all cell phone pictures. Just some good lighting is all you need! :)

And thanks everyone for the congratulations!

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
I've owned a few historics before. R4,6 and two r8's. The R6 and one of the R8 didn't agree with me all that much. And the R4 was a keeper but I foolishly traded it away to a forum member and the second r8 was a keeper to but I traded for a Collings CJ35 which is also a keeper.

I was really wanting to buy the R0 listed in the for sale forum but I was a couple hundys short.

But then I came across this R9 on local Craigslist. And just had to have it. I was the second guy in line but thankfully the guy before me couldn't come up with the cash.

So after 11hrs of return trip. I now have a R9 hanging on my wall. a
I'veer owned an R9 until now.

She's definitely a keeper. By far the best LP I've owned. The pickups are very low outpit. And grinds nicely through a Marshall.

I'm a happy man. View attachment 140385

View attachment 140393

View attachment 140401
It looks great and is only outdone by the family of four. A beauty hollow body would finish the family nicely IMHO.

Reactions: WonderfulRemark

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
yeah, really nice axe!

nice assortment on the wall, too

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
@WonderfulRemark I also stupidly traded an R4 GT - did yours by any chance come from John R.?

Love the top on your R9, esp. the colour of the burst.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Congratulations! R9s are great guitars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts