The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided I wanted an upgrade from my Gibby LP Studio. I have always been interested in Japanese guitars and decided to try to find a nice LP Custom copy instead of dropping thousands on the real deal. Thought it would take a while to find one since I didn't want to deal with international shipping. This forum came through again and I recently recieved this in the mail. It plays and sounds really nice. Definitely a step up looks wise from my plain black Studio. I havent had a lot of time to play it yet but so far Im really enjoying it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Those Burny's are great guitars. Congratulations!

I love Japanese made guitars. Orville, Orville By Gibson, Bacchus, Tokai, Aria Pro II and Greco are just a few of the companies that have made great guitars.

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
Nice one, congrats!

I had a John Sykes edition Burny a while back, nice guitar.

Get yer Steve Jones on now. :)

·
Premium Member
17,161 Posts
Congrats!

If you prefer the tone of the burny, gut the studio and throw some PAFs in. The stock pickups are pretty hot.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! Just had a chance to play it for a couple hours through both of my amps. Im really digging it. It sounds great and is fun to play. Its got that "fretless wonder" feel. Real thin fretwire on it but it doesnt seem to affect bends negatively at all. Single notes are nice and full sounding and it seems to hold notes longer than the Gibson Studio. Possibly cause its not weight relieved at all?

·
Premium Member
17,161 Posts
Your studio shouldnt be weight relieved either.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
When I was young and had very little money, I tried a lot of LP clones. Out of all of them (around 6), I found a Mann and Vantage that were very good. Don't know where they were made but not bad at all.

·
Premium Member
17,161 Posts
Every Gibson LP since about 1986 has been at least 9 hole weight relived with the exception of Custom Shop RIs and the Trads when they launched.

Johnny
My first lp was an 04 studio that weighed 10lbs. Not sure that one was weight relieved.

·
Premium Member
16,804 Posts
Every Gibson LP since about 1986 has been at least 9 hole weight relived with the exception of Custom Shop RIs and the Trads when they launched.

Johnny
In 2013 I wanted a new Les Paul. The only way I was able to get a non-chambered / non-weight relieved Goldie was to buy a custom shop R7.

If I wanted a light guitar I’d buy an SG.

I’m also a big fan of Japanese guitars by the way.

Love that Burny!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My first lp was an 04 studio that weighed 10lbs. Not sure that one was weight relieved.
It was definitely weight relieved, have to check books to confirm method, but pretty sure swiss cheese, modern spoke was a little later on I think. Just imagine what it would have weighed with out the relief. I have an 87 LPC that's close to 12 lbs, this one goes to the grave though.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The Burny is definitely a few Lbs heavier than my Studio. I don't mind though. I have a really wide strap so it spreads the weight out well. Its in the shop right now getting a setup and a small wiring problem fixed. Can't wait to get it back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts