The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’d checked this bad boy out at L&M Bloor many times and tried to not think about it too much. Then @colchar posted about ES-335s in the Gibson Month thread and fired the GAS back up, so I’m sure you can all figure out what happened next. I’ve had it for most of April and I feel I’m starting to get to know it well.

Anyway, this thing is absolutely amazing. The feel, the sound, the playability and even the smell are all excellent. I really like the big fat neck and the MHS pickups are impressing me, so far. I’m not 100% dialled in on the neck, just yet, but it’s mostly there. It has bumped my PRS McCarty 594, which is killer, to second place (may be the honeymoon, we’ll see). Now I understand why ES-335s have such legendary status.

(I guess it’s sort of a NAD, too, as I just recently snagged that Tone King Royalist from @bluehugh and it totally rocks).

C4D004FB-A130-4C53-9A4B-503E072AAF72.jpeg

37FCB7DF-E4F2-4845-8B05-D600CCAD3242.jpeg

7268A2AB-ABF0-4F16-8FBB-BB2BA98A6AAC.jpeg

6309BD80-B91D-47B9-88E3-2249E5FF9DCE.jpeg

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Anyway, this thing is absolutely amazing. The feel, the sound, the playability and even the smell are all excellent.

That is exactly how I feel about my new ES-335 as well. I've picked up my Gold Top once since getting the 335, and my Tele twice. Every other time I've picked something up it has been the 335. I will play the Tele again tonight because the 335 is in the shop to have a minor issue dealt with (when installing strap locks the bottom strap button screw kept spinning so I think it is stripped and I am having a dowel put in).

·
Premium Member
11,867 Posts
Killer rig right there.

That first pic looks like it could have been taken in 1959 - if not for all the pedals, I spose.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ES-335 + Tele = done buying guitars

Those two are all you'll ever need.
LOL funny you should say that. I've been gassing for a more traditional Tele lately. Mine is a Warmoth short scale with a contoured body and has a Firebird pickup in the neck.

·
Premium Member
16,832 Posts
My bandmate really wants me to grow dreads and use a 335. Look up .Moneen.

Nice setup.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice, great amp too!
Thanks. It really is a sweet, sweet amp. I'm loving it. Lots of cool details. You can put the attenuator all the way and unplug the speakers and go direct, so I can run it through my iRig Pro into my iPad and use headphones at night. The attenuated sounds are really good, too.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
My 2011 335 has '57's in it. It's a sweet, sweet axe. It's in constant rotation. That's s beauty you have there. The neck pup with the tone rolled off a bit will give you an awesome brown tone. Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
My 2011 335 has '57's in it. It's a sweet, sweet axe. It's in constant rotation. That's s beauty you have there. The neck pup with the tone rolled off a bit will give you an awesome brown tone. Enjoy!

I've got Burstbucker 1&2s in my 335 and they are my favourite Gibson pickups. My Gold Top has the '57 Classics in it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Gorgeous guitar! I've always had a soft spot for semi hollows. :) They have that warm organic feel and sound that puts them in a class of their own. Love my Fenders but like to keep a semi hollow "mistress" on the side. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts