The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something unexpected happened while shopping for a ukulele.....

2007 Gibson Les Paul. All original as far as I know. What a nice guitar. A very sweet sounding great playing guitar. My first Gibson and I gotta say, I get it now.

A good friend of mine is gathering funds for a nice Taylor. Got a great deal on it, with the caveat that he gets first right of refusal if I ever consider reselling. I can't see that happening anytime soon, if ever! I've had an Epiphone Les Paul for several years and never really bonded with it, but after just a few hours with this and I'm in love.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
What a uke!

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,150 Posts
Looking sharp, classic model?

Reactions: stringer

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a uke!
I know right! Six string plus sized baritone?
Looking sharp, classic model?
I don't know. I thought the serial number would help, but all it tells me is that she's a Virgo, born on September 8, 2007. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out with the details. I've never considered a Gibson Les Paul because of the price point.
if it sounds half way good as it looks, it would sound magnificent. Beautiful guitar!
Rock ON
I love the way it sounds. Roll off the tone and it sounds mellow and smooth but not muffled. Crank the tone and it gets mean!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
IIRC those godawful Quick Connect PCB circuit boards didn't appear until the following year, hence your ability to get some use out of the tone controls. Highly recommend "50s wiring" & then spend some time in the middle position fiddling around with the volume knobs. To paraphrase Blazing Saddles, "Pedals?!? We don't need no stinking pedals!" Welcome to the club & enjoy your Lester in good health!

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's a great to on that!
I wish Gibson had kept a database where you could info on your guitar from the serial number. But that would be too logical and easy

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
That sho'nuff is purdy!!

Reactions: stringer

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's a great to on that!
I wish Gibson had kept a database where you could info on your guitar from the serial number. But that would be too logical and easy
I know right! I thought the truss rod cover usually said what model the guitar is, but this one's blank. Maybe a replacement? Here's a peek at the backside.

The finish on the neck has been removed, seems like overkill, perhaps it has been reshaped. I don't really care, the guitar has seen use, and I'm not a collector. The neck feels good to me. Here's what it looks like;

Here's a look at the control. cavity, no green board.

Love the look of the tulip tuners, but I'd like them more if they were a higher ratio.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I did a quick youtube search and came up with this video. Not me playing. Sure looks the same as mine. 2007 Les Paul Standard Premium Flametop with burst buckers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts