The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this beauty today.

I don’t know much about the history of it other than its had one previous owner and spent most of its life in a case which you can tell from the amazing condition. The only blemishes are two spots on either side of the head stock where the paint is worn down to the wood. It’s symetrical which leads me to believe it was from a guitar hanger that wasn’t properly padded (shame). Also the gold hardware was badly tarnished and the pickups had lots of oxidization. I was able to polish them up pretty well using Music Nomad polish (any tips or tricks to clean them up more would be appreciated).

I’m looking for any information you all might be able to give.

Here’s what I do know:

1987 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Serial: 80777504

I’ve read that ‘87 was the last year Gibson used Tim Shaw pickups.
I’ve also read that they might be Bill Lawrence. Here’s a photo:

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
The pictures seem to have disappeared on me--hope the guitar hasn't.

Enjoy!

P

·
0 Posts
You have the files posted from the les paul forum. I right clicked [IMG ], then clicked "view image". This took me to the login for the les paul forum. After I logged in I could see all the pics in you Guitars Canada thread.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys. I just reposted the images using IMGUR.

Here’s what Gibson sent me as an info pack :rolleyes:

If anyone can help me with some actual info on the guitar I would appreciate it

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I have an ‘87 LP and it has Tim Shaw’s. My ‘82 custom has them as well. I like them. Those look like Shaw’s, but I don’t have any photos to compare. MLP has many threads discussing this topic. Sweet axe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts