The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
The 49ers just rapped the Redsking with that Brandon Loyd trade.:D

I'll give props to the Redskins though, for signing Archuleta at safety.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
marshallman said:
The 49ers just rapped the Redsking with that Brandon Loyd trade.:D

I'll give props to the Redskins though, for signing Archuleta at safety.
the Lloyd trade was a good one, for the Skins. What about Baltimore. Signing Mike Anderson and then turning around and re-signing Jamal Lewis the next day. Did they get rid of Chester Taylor? if not, then the Anderson signing makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
the Lloyd trade was a good one, for the Skins. What about Baltimore. Signing Mike Anderson and then turning around and re-signing Jamal Lewis the next day. Did they get rid of Chester Taylor? if not, then the Anderson signing makes no sense to me.
The reason why I didn't like that trade, is because Loyd is another short receiver with speed who is mainly used as a deep threat. They already have 2or 3 like that. The Redskins have no big / tall receiver who can get you that crucial 3rd down catch over the middle type of guy.

Jamal Lewis was plagued by injuries last year, good idea to have a solid backup, for any team, not just the ravens.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lloyd should be a good compliment to Moss.. QB could be questionable but we will see what happens. I agree with your assessment in Baltimore, but I always thought that Chester Taylor was an excellent back-up and probable starter.

Lots of action to come, we are just getting started with these free agents.

·
Registered
65 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
Lloyd should be a good compliment to Moss.. QB could be questionable but we will see what happens. I agree with your assessment in Baltimore, but I always thought that Chester Taylor was an excellent back-up and probable starter.

Lots of action to come, we are just getting started with these free agents.
Yeah, wait till draft week, that's when there is the most action.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like we will get a doubleheader on MNF this coming season. Also I am praying that whomever they come up with for a replacement to Tagliabue continues on in his spirit of leadership. I think he has done a great job with the NFL, keeping the peace and moving the game forward.

Kickoff Weekend
Date Day Opponents Network Time (ET)
Sept. 7 Thu. Miami at Pittsburgh NBC 8:30 p.m.
Sept. 10 Sun. Dallas at Jacksonville FOX 4:15 p.m.
Sept. 10 Sun. Indianapolis at N.Y. Giants NBC 8:15 p.m.
Sept. 11 Mon. Minnesota at Washington ESPN 7 p.m.
Sept. 11 Mon. San Diego at Oakland ESPN 10:15 p.m.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, Culpepper will be a big improvement for my Dolphins. It's too bad they didn't trade Ricky right after the season ended, I knew he was going to get busted again.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure if it has been finalized yet, apparently it will only be a one year deal and then he may be eligible to play in Miami again. They will still have rights to him, and as he owes them millions of dollars it may be the only way they can collect some of it.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He is unlikely to get any more anytime soon.

News: Running back Ricky Williams broke his left arm in the second quarter of the Toronto Argonauts' 26-23 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday night and is out indefinitely. Argonauts coach Mike "Pinball" Clemons confirmed the injury but did not specify which bone was broken. "He has a broken arm, so he's going to be out for a little while," Clemons said.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts