The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the dealers emporium and emailed them from their website looking for some info on ordering from them on Friday and a couple days later haven't heard anything back. Is it just because its the weekend?

·
Registered
24,368 Posts
The business is two guys. Jon has young kids (no idea about the other fellow). They have also been busy renovating the space, and shooting videos. Only so much time in the day.

This is indicative of the curse of the internet. Any one or two-person business can put up a professional-looking website that creates the impression that "operators are standing by to take your call". If they or a family member catch a cold or, as Dave Letterman used to say "ate some bad clams", the business effectively shuts down for several days. Meanwhile, if one was standing at the counter in a bricks-and-mortar store with two employees, and one of them said they needed the other one to give them a hand with something in the back, you'd be expected to stand and wait until the person returned to the front before getting any service. If you were in a supermarket, with two checkout lines available and 4 customers ahead of you with carts filled to the brim with 50 items, you'd grumble about the wait, but understand why you need to start flipping through a recipe magazine to kill the time. That sort of scenario is self-explanatory to us because we can see it. In the e-commerce world, we can't see any of that.

·
Premium Member
4,268 Posts
Yup, have some patience for a great couple of guys who really know what customer service is. I'm a bit biased as they are close enough to me that I can just go grab stuff from their warehouse and I've had the pleasure of meeting them in person.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,822 Posts
I posted in the dealers emporium and emailed them from their website looking for some info on ordering from them on Friday and a couple days later haven't heard anything back. Is it just because its the weekend?
Sorry for the delay. Our customer service hours are Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm EST.
Contact Us - Next Gen Musical Ltd.

I generally only access the forum on my "off" hours before work, during lunch, and/or after work during the week. Sometimes during work if I'm posting specifically about work stuff. I rarely get on here on the weekend due to other commitments.

The business is two guys. Jon has young kids (no idea about the other fellow). They have also been busy renovating the space, and shooting videos. Only so much time in the day.
So close! ;)

Actually, 4 guys. Two full-time (Kamil and I), both with young kids and wives pregnant with more on the way. Two part-time who help out in the mornings when we're really slammed (like after an extended weekend when there has been a sale, after the winter holiday, or when one of us is on vacation.) The reason we only put out a video every month or two is because filming time is limited and I sometimes have to come in at night or on the weekend to finish filming/editing them. I just want it to be publicly clear that order processing and customer service always comes first. Everything else we do comes secondary and doesn't impede our service in those areas.

This is indicative of the curse of the internet. Any one or two-person business can put up a professional-looking website that creates the impression that "operators are standing by to take your call". If they or a family member catch a cold or, as Dave Letterman used to say "ate some bad clams", the business effectively shuts down for several days. Meanwhile, if one was standing at the counter in a bricks-and-mortar store with two employees, and one of them said they needed the other one to give them a hand with something in the back, you'd be expected to stand and wait until the person returned to the front before getting any service. If you were in a supermarket, with two checkout lines available and 4 customers ahead of you with carts filled to the brim with 50 items, you'd grumble about the wait, but understand why you need to start flipping through a recipe magazine to kill the time. That sort of scenario is self-explanatory to us because we can see it. In the e-commerce world, we can't see any of that.
Very well said. That's actually why we strive to make our turnover time as quick as possible for all orders. I always think of myself as a customer first and think of how frustrating it can be to be stuck waiting when you have no idea why. That's also why we post any potential delays (if there are any) on our site, as well as on our various social media outlets.

Yup, have some patience for a great couple of guys who really know what customer service is. I'm a bit biased as they are close enough to me that I can just go grab stuff from their warehouse and I've had the pleasure of meeting them in person.
Aw, thanks man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts