The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a new thread picking up where the one in the "New User" section was left.

https://guitarscanada.com/index.php?threads/newsom-info.195633/

Many years ago my good friend Lowtones (Mark Newsom) decided he was going to start building guitars as a hobby. I still have, and love, the first set neck guitar he made, and in the other thread a new member @Rick Arkell mentioned that he not only had a V but had also downloaded some pics from Mark's old website. He was having trouble posting them so here they are.

I'll start with Rick's V. I held this just prior to Mark finishing it, it's awesome.

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, just seems to have given up on guitars. Last i heard he was getting into boats, LOL.

I should check in with him and see if he wants to get together for a jam with the old band. I'll do that after i get back from the UK.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Like Mr. Ray above, I'm not a huge fan of V's. But that is the sexiest, most gorgeous V I've ever seen. The body contours and simplicity of the controls just set it off. Stunning in gloss black, as well.

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like Mr. Ray above, I'm not a huge fan of V's. But that is the sexiest, most gorgeous V I've ever seen. The body contours and simplicity of the controls just set it off. Stunning in gloss black, as well.
I remember saying exactly the same thing to Mark when I first saw it.

Reactions: High/Deaf

·
Registered
4 Posts
The keyless machine heads and sans pickguard design provide the clean, streamlined look. The body is recessed below the strings, so one may shred to their heart's content without necessarily being a hack (well, at least not as far as the finish is concerned anyway). IMHO, the typical pickguard and tuner keys on Flying V's sometimes tend to look a bit chintzy, unless they coordinate with/compliment the body colour.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I'll start with Rick's V. I held this just prior to Mark finishing it, it's awesome.
Had to come back just to look at the V again....damn that is nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.