The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came in the other day. A friend was out scouting yard sales and came up with this jem. It's either a 66 or 67 twin reverb. I would say 65 but it has Fender Musical on it instead of Fender Electric . This changed sometime in 65/66. It needs some TLC but I gave it a quick check, mounted a temp pair of 12's in it for a test and it works. Boy does it work. Incredibly loud these things, reverb and vibrato still work. Will take a couple pics when i get a chance but I am on the hunt for a good pair of 12's for this amp...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Just a suggestion:

PaulS said:
Just came in the other day. A friend was out scouting yard sales and came up with this jem. It's either a 66 or 67 twin reverb. I would say 65 but it has Fender Musical on it instead of Fender Electric . This changed sometime in 65/66. It needs some TLC but I gave it a quick check, mounted a temp pair of 12's in it for a test and it works. Boy does it work. Incredibly loud these things, reverb and vibrato still work. Will take a couple pics when i get a chance but I am on the hunt for a good pair of 12's for this amp...
I put a pair of Eminence "Governors" in a customer's Twin a while back. Sounded fabulous when the customer played it but not so good when I was wailin'...

Haven't quite figured out why yet...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hopin' faracaster would sell me them EVM's but in the meantime still looking. Any advice on a good set??

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up putting in a pair of Celestion Classic Lead 80's . They are not broke in yet but it has a nice clean punchy sound. This is what he decided on. Anyway a few pics of the amp, first this is what came in.

This is what went in..

and the finished product.

I looked at the 15 on the other baffle board and it is a JBL 130 F the original speaker. After investigating I believe what we had here originally was a 65 Twin Reverb Custom 15, this I believe is an original.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2173000010

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
nice find there. lucky.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No the horns were added by the previous owner, my deal for fixing the amp is the old baffle board with 15 and horns. The 15 is a 60's JBL 130F a special make for fender. It may have been modded for a keyboard amp many years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts