The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres some of my old gear, with a few new stuff also. Notice the canadian Traynor I have. In fact, that amp is the main reason I joined the forums. I will be posting some questions about modyifying the beast. Also shown are my old '55 martin 0-15, and a small Kustom 70's practice amp. You will also see the Old Hagstrom electric and a cool SRV "strat"I put together from an old Norma and some junky parts. http://my.opera.com/gjgkerrtx/albums/show.dml?id=109552

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
very cool stuff. Nice old Martin, and I love old Traynors.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
B-I-N-G-O. By the way, if you can ever get this particular filmosound amp do so. I have an Eminence alnico 10" in there and it absolutely shreds, and its got GOBS of tone-and thats bone stock!! (3) 6V6's,(2) 12ax7's ! I wouldnt trade this for the world, unless, you know, I was Alexander the Great or something....

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
gerald guerrero said:
B-I-N-G-O. By the way, if you can ever get this particular filmosound amp do so. I have an Eminence alnico 10" in there and it absolutely shreds, and its got GOBS of tone-and thats bone stock!! (3) 6V6's,(2) 12ax7's ! I wouldnt trade this for the world, unless, you know, I was Alexander the Great or something....
There's a tech up in this neck of the woods (Bernie Raustig) that is well known for turning these into killer guitar amps. I beleive that he favours the EL84 version though.

I'm not sure if you've heard of the Tragically Hip, but they have been known to use these amps.

I actually had one of these years ago before I knew that they were cool:smile: I stripped down the chassis and was going to rebuild it as a tweed deluxe clone, but lost interest and gave it away.

If I see another old 16mm Bell&Howell film projector around, I'll definitely snap it up.

Scott

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
nice!!

got any mp3's of what that stuff sounds like?

:DevilGuitar: :DevilGuitar:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts