The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
that's just awesome. i was hoping to see one of those giant home depot bags with a great dane or mastiff in it.

·
Premium Member
16,655 Posts
Dogs are the new designer children.
Well i dont think its designer as much as it is bend the rule to work in their favour. A gucci dog is a designer dog (and i think those have been around for a long time).

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Dogs are the new designer children.
I dont think this is a vanity thing. I haven't googled it, but my *guess* is, that the rule was implemented as the result of a/some complaints of people who didn't have their large breed dogs under control and allowed them to bite/intimidate/get in the face of, etc other ppl on the subway.

as a dog owner, I'm well aware of the double standard society has for larger dogs. if a bigger dog and smaller dog get in a fight, ppl will blame the larger dog EVERY TIME, regardless of which dog started it. theres a strange tendency to humanize them and think that the bigger dog should be aware of its physical advantage and defer to little dog, otherwise it is seen as a bully. I'm not sure animals understand this rule. most bar bouncers don't seem to.

I'm also well aware that some inconsiderate/negligent dog owners do "ruin it for everyone" as well, and shouldn't be tolerated.

regardless, ensuring the dog is in a bag, forces the owner to exercise some control of their animal, and in essence weeds out those dogs that aren't calm enough to tolerate being in one.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
That pic with the white dog in the champion bag is the top choice for a "WTF" meme.

·
Premium Member
10,868 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, folks. Out here in the boonies we don't have public transportation.

(Yes, of course I know what a subway is.)

·
Premium Member
11,629 Posts
Curious that dog owners are the singularly largest scofflaws in the Lower Mainland right now, far outnumbering texting drivers or speeders and probably even pot smokers (is that stillllllll illegal?). About 98% of them happily let their dogs roam leash-less on on-leash trails, paths and parks (there are numerous - and empty - off-leash areas). Of course, their dog never bit anyone, it's always that other guys/gals.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, folks. Out here in the boonies we don't have public transportation.

(Yes, of course I know what a subway is.)
Public Transportation is a great place to catch bedbugs. But if you have no immediate use for bedbugs......you're not missing out on a thing ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts