The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Christmas is done, who has New Years resolutions? I made big one yesterday when i announced to my wife that in 2019, i would not be making any purchases of guitars or amps. Misc. acessories are okey (pedals, strings, straps, repairs, speakers etc..) I made a list of stuff i bought and sold in 2018 and for some reason i'm in the hole by a few grand.
Big surprise. So if i offer to buy your guitars or amps, please refer me to this post.LOL

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Same one I make every year - not to make any NY resolutions ever again. Unlike most of the other ones I used to make, I've been able to keep this one for over a decade now.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Increase my workouts to 10-12 hours per week and put on some size. Need to hit that damn ball 350 feet next season!!!!

And yeah, get myself a fancy pants strat...and maybe another LP...and a rock and roll band.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Until recently, I've been slacking off at the gym, so I plan to increase my visits. Maybe some weight will drop or relocate in the process.

Practice, record, make more videos.

I've been trying to avoid cancer causing stuff too, so that will continue. Btw, if you haven't been checked for the likely cancers, GET CHECKED ALREADY!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Health, home renos (I am 21 years in on a 5 year project I hope to finish this year) and enjoying the toys and tools I have collected. Hoping to squeeze a couple of trips to the west coast and will enjoy several family visits from the west to us.

Less bad food, coffee and hanging with negative (for no reason, with no solutions) people would be an accomplishment, and within my power.

I hope to see more civil discourse in this world, with folks working together to solve the big problems instead of creating others.

Peace, joy and long good health to all of you and your families!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nope ! Never again... Let the easy going train go its own way pushed by past years fuel it got...
Continue guitar course, still hope better golfing, same short 19th holes, let the wife babble, let the grass grow.
Isn't beautiful simple ? ;-)

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
LOL New years resolutions. Right. LOL

Reactions: cheezyridr

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Still working on last year's when I resolved to write a full set of original songs. I'd never written a song before so I'm not upset at the progess I made even though I don't have a full set yet. I've got four solid songs, another one almost finished and a few ideas and starts of songs in the cooker. This year I resolve to continue with songwriting and try to play a few more open mics.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
a few more open mica.
Don't get jaded. The right ones can be a real gem. And we are all 'diamonds in the rough' after all. We should leave no stone unturned.

Now then, where's that pun thread.

Seriously, good luck with the writing and jamming!

·
Premium Member
25,111 Posts
I HAVE to finish the PAiA Hyperflange kit I started in 1992. I mean, really. The board is stuffed, but I have to finally install it into the chassis, and run wires from the board to the appropriate pots, switches, and jacks. It remains unfinished because there's a LOT of them. I have a large modular synth project in development that I plan to use with my MIDI guitar and the MIDI-to-CV adaptor I bought, but that isn't as urgent as not having the damn Hyperflange staring at me and taunting me.

I also resolve to finally apply for C.P.P. I've been putting it off because I was expecting a 5-figure payout I was owed from work, and didn't want to get dinged on taxes. But it's been 14 months since they were supposed to pay me, and I've given up believing their promises. So I have to knuckle under and go for it, starting with my 67th birthday.

Finally, I have to stop building stuff and start playing music, and doing volunteer work.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Nope. Just need to get through it.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
Still working on last year's when I resolved to write a full set of original songs. I'd never written a song before so I'm not upset at the progess I made even though I don't have a full set yet. I've got four solid songs, another one almost finished and a few ideas and starts of songs in the cooker. This year I resolve to continue with songwriting and try to play a few more open mics.
You know, when I was turning 40, I thought the same thing. "How hard can it be to write 10 songs for a CD. It doesn't cost anything." I'm 68 now but right here, right now, I'm telling everyone here. "I'm going to do it before I'm 70" . . . . I hope.

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
weight, weight, weight.
I just lost 20+ lbs, since Thanksgiving. Without going for a run, or lifting weights, or anything more than the occasional walk in the mall with mrs.

There’s a saying that I know from the bodybuilding world (no, I don’t tho I do like to lift weights) - ‘abs are made in the kitchen’. Yup, it’s all about caloric intake. I’m not especially disciplined, but can get by on a bowl of mueslix for breakfast, a piece of toast &PB for lunch, a reasonable but light supper, and a granola bar for <200 cal if I’m starving. 2 cups of coffee with milk in the morning.

194-172 now (saw 169 one day), and back on post Xmas indulgence. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
I resolved years ago--when I was still a kid to never make another New Year's Resolution--and so far I have kept that one.

Reactions: bigboki and marcos

·
Premium Member
25,111 Posts
I just lost 20+ lbs, since Thanksgiving. Without going for a run, or lifting weights, or anything more than the occasional walk in the mall with mrs.

There’s a saying that I know from the bodybuilding world (no, I don’t tho I do like to lift weights) - ‘abs are made in the kitchen’. Yup, it’s all about caloric intake. I’m not especially disciplined, but can get by on a bowl of mueslix for breakfast, a piece of toast &PB for lunch, a reasonable but light supper, and a granola bar for <200 cal if I’m starving. 2 cups of coffee with milk in the morning.

194-172 now (saw 169 one day), and back on post Xmas indulgence. Easy peasy.
I got put on a newer diabetes medication last year, and essentially lost the exact same weight, without doing much of anything. I suspect my appetite is a tad lower. And being at home every day, I tend to do more physical work than I did at the office, and have the time to prepare more food - especially vegetables and soups. But that's pretty much all I did to help it along. When I started weighing myself, earlier this year, I was shocked at how much lighter I was, so I began weighing myself daily, just to make sure it wasn't the sort of precipitous drop that would imply something seriously wrong with me. But I've held at 168 or so for a while. I haven't been able to fit into size 36 jeans since high school. So, no weight-loss resolutions for me, thankfully.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts