The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Since the moment it was announced, I've been starry eyed over the new Mesa Subway 2x15 cab. 60 lbs, handle wheels and rails, what's not to like? Oh yeah, $2200+ tax in. Got some gear on kijiji I'm hoping moves.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Hopefully nothing, but the gear that owns me keeps attracting more.

I had over 40 guitars and 25 amps at the start of 2018. Plus project gear.

Today was inventory day on what to list next, and what I am likely to try and play on a regular basis.

I sold my Alvarez Tele yesterday, and the official count came down to starting the year off with 29 players. Three players are bass guitars. The amps are down to 12. One bass amp/210 cab, two solid state for electric.

There are two and a half project electric guitars that just might get the heave ho into the market, and three time consuming, low dollar return, very old acoustic projects that will need a new home.

Tough decisions need to be made. Some are sentimental, some are tough to find in the condition they are in; but not getting much use at the moment for various reasons, that I hope to change in the new year.

I was a minimalist for nearly 30 of my 50 plus years of my interest in music.

Too much, new to me, good gear arrived in 2018, and time to experience became limited due to responsibilities thrust upon me.

I am aiming at a target of 20 players this year and 6 amps, by the end of 2019.

Honestly I don’t think that is possible.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Maybe an acoustic tricone with cutaway... maybe... :-/

·
Premium Member
17,361 Posts
I am aiming at a target of 20 players this year and 6 amps, by the end of 2019.

Honestly I don’t think that is possible.
Good news! It is!

Just gotta buckle down and do it. Also remember that "out of sight is out of mind" rings true for gear as well as other things. It's like half the clothes I have I don't even look at, I just need to throw them in bags and donate them already.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
925 Posts
I’m having a custom guitar made by Helm Custom Guitars here in Halifax. Sold a couple to help fund it and it’s going to be groovy. Also looking to do some upgrades to my ‘74 LP Custom (refret w/6105s) and ‘89 SG ‘62 RI (Vineham pickups upgrade). Oh, and a checkup for my Deluxe Reverb at some point.

That’s probably it... for now anyway. Happy new year y’all

W.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Brazilian, Canadian.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Need a wraptail bridge, not sure whether to get one that’s intonatable for each string or maybe get a mojoax compensated.

It’s for a 2015 LP Jr that I’m gonna set up for 10s so it’s more of a bending machine and leave the 2018 Jr. stock with the non comp Gibson wraptail and 11s.

Maybe a better p90 for the 2015 as well but that’s not a priority right now.

The 2015 has small frets so work well for light strings and fully intonatable bridge might go well with it.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Need a wraptail bridge, not sure whether to get one that’s intonatable for each string or maybe get a mojoax compensated.

It’s for a 2015 LP Jr that I’m gonna set up for 10s so it’s more of a bending machine and leave the 2018 Jr. stock with the non comp Gibson wraptail and 11s.

Maybe a better p90 for the 2015 as well but that’s not a priority right now.

The 2015 has small frets so work well for light strings and fully intonatable bridge might go well with it.
I’m using a tone pros adjustable wrap around, like it a lot. I haven’t listed it for sale yet but I do have a JS Moore p90, soap bar though

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Possibilities:
-Keyboard (Nothing too expensive, but not a Casio or anything small)
-Amp cab for my Orange Micro Dark (Although I am gathering some parts to convert an old amp that is just the speaker & cabinet into one--but I have no idea of the quality of the speaker)
-Pedals & board to create a separate bass pedal board--some of the pedals I have I sue for both--so some would be kept on the guitar board & some would go to the bass board & replaced-probably only 4 or 5 pedals)
-Something that catches my eye & is a good deal
-a basic dynamic mic for instruments

Possibly none of the above, & most likely not all of the above

1 - 20 of 53 Posts