The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
That was fun. Thanks!

Looks like you have a Hammond M-3. Cute organ. I had to leave one behind when I left Ontario. I offered to a friend for free, but no, he had to spend $3000 on an A100. Friggin snob. Lol.

I am now using a "Hammond" VS-300, actually a two-bit Japanese Acetone in a Hammond cabinet. Totally scorned by "real" Hammond players, but (brace yourself for the blasphemy), I have always preferred cheap transistor over tone wheel. Gimme Light My Fire over A Whiter Shade of Pale. Lol.

Did you play all the instruments?

I just learned how to use brushes yesterday. Watched a YouTube of Marty Morrell. (Who I met in New York in the early seventies. Thats why I chose his video. Saw him at the Village Vanguard playing with Bill Evans. George Benson opened that same night.) I thought your brushwork was a highlight.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No M3 ..It's an A100 with two 31 H ( Tallboys) Photo by Pat Regan often use it to lay bass lines ... rocks the house. But I have own 3 M3's .

My buddy did the bass line ..the kick is midi but the brushes we recorded on the floor tom. I did the trombone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts