The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few years now ago a forum member Adcandour so kindly gave me a small camera. Wen I went to grab it to take some photos of the lighthouse I stupidly dropped it and It broke. The lenses wont open any more . So I got stuck using my phone camera again with no zoom so I can't get any clear photos of the ducks in the local pond . Looking at the stores got really discouraging when I noticed the style of cameras I wanted started at $300 and like for someone whom just taking photos for fun $300 is jus outrageous.
Today on my drive to town with my sister she noticed an fugifilm camera for relatively cheap so I emailed her and ended up Getting it ,the bag and sd card for $50 . I know the people selling I actually work with her son .
so now with a camera that's more than 8 mp makes me question what will the photos be like . I pick it up tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It is a long zoom type of camera, and you will have a lot of fun with it.

However, now matter the tool (guitar or in this case the camera), the most important is the player (in this case photographer).

Learn the camera (if you need any assistance, please PM and I will help as much as possible), its positives and drawbacks and use positives to the max, and learn to overcome drawbacks.

yours truly
Bojan

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a long zoom type of camera, and you will have a lot of fun with it.

However, now matter the tool (guitar or in this case the camera), the most important is the player (in this case photographer).

Learn the camera (if you need any assistance, please PM and I will help as much as possible), its positives and drawbacks and use positives to the max, and learn to overcome drawbacks.

yours truly
Bojan
Thanks I shall . Check out my thread out door pics 2017 . I have a lot of photos from my phone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Great photo, I really like selective depth of field, which only works on long telephoto (with such small sensor and slow lens).
I said - you will have fun!

·
Registered
750 Posts
One important thing to learn, is to have the horizon leveled when you take that kind of picture. If you tend to miss all the time, you should learn how to fix it using an image editing program.
Or maybe your tapatalk app can fix that.

I have a good friend who started his artist carrer with that exact camera. Did some incredible shots. Then when he figured he wanted to earn a living taking pictures, he went for a top of the line Canon.

This is what he does now : Julien Livernois / La Mémoire et la Mer
They're pictures of fishing boat hulls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts