The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a great deal on a Sony 42 inch LCD rear projection HD TV and stand. Also got a new HD satelite reciever and a Samsung upconverting DVD player. I have been playing with it all day..the HD is awesome stuff. Next up will be a Xbox 360 in a month or two.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
My brother got an LCD TV and man do I want one. It's hard to go back to watching normal screens once you have watched a DVD on an LCD. I don't even want a big TV, just something around 27-32".

Unfortunately every time I get spare money to buy something like that for myself, I buy another guitar or amp hah.

·
Registered
319 Posts
LCD vs TUBE

I was watching a program i'm not sure where but it said LCD t.v's have a far superior picture but they dont/wont last as long as the old tube t.v's.
But by the time it burns out, there will be new technology to replace it.
according to a buddy who does repairs, the best brand LCD t.vs are Samsung, Philips and Sanyo........thats according to him.

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
I just picked up a 32 in toshiba LCD and it is super. I really like Discovery Channel HD and Hockey Night in Can HD. The only problem I had was with the HDMI cable, the audio only works intermittently, I picked up a componant video cable/optical for sound and it works fine.

Anyone else had problems with this new fangled HDMI interface?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told by a buddy in the A/V industry that Star Choice HD recievers (which I have) do not work well with the HDMI interface. You need a DVI to HDMI cable and the signal is buggy. He told me to use component and seperate audio and this works great for me. I have my HDMI conected to my upconverting Samsung DVD player. I am just amazed at the images this $99 player puts out through HDMI. Monty Python and The Holy Grail never looked so good.....

:bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts